• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG owner information

SScott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Guys I just wanted to share something I came across today while getting my rifles ready for new scopes.

I noticed that you could put the rifle in the chassis and tighten it down canted if you don't pay attention. The pictures show the rifles after I fixed them, but one was a quarter bubble off when I first checked it.
My installation procedure now is: Apply a real light coat of gun grease to the action, where it seats to the chassis, then I snug down the bolts, check for level then lightly tap the rear of the action to seat the recoil lug to the action.
If you have any other TRG tips feel free to share them.

SScott
001-6.jpg

004-6.jpg

002-4.jpg

Re: TRG owner information

Good to know, I will have to check this on mine. However just out of curiosity do you think this has any effect on the accuracy? Theoretically if the scope is mounted level to the action there should be no problems if the action is level in the stock right? Just a thought. By the way Scott, where do you shoot in WA?, I have family in the Seattle area and have spent alot of time at the Ravendale range.

Ben

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bth87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to know, I will have to check this on mine. However just out of curiosity <span style="color: #6600CC">do you think this has any effect on the accuracy</span>? Theoretically if the scope is mounted level to the action there should be no problems if the action is level in the stock right? Just a thought. By the way Scott, where do you shoot in WA?, I have family in the Seattle area and have spent alot of time at the Ravendale range.

Ben </div></div>
Ben,
In my opinion I don't think it would affect accuracy, becasuse I level my scopes off of the rail anyways.
It could have some afffect on how the mag gets seated. ??
I am located in Central Washington, about 200 miles from the Seattle area. We have a thread going in the "members link up" section. The matches are posted there as well as get togethers for shooting, feel free to join us when you are in the area.

SScott

Yes you have to be careful, basically the TRG is a smaller diameter than the chassis it sits in, so most/all of the contact between the action and chassis is at the direct bottom. Couple that with action screw holes that are plenty oversize and you could get it cock-eyed.
Justin

I imagine getting it in off center could cause the action to be torqued irregularly, which could result in accuracy issues.

I know this doesn't pertain, but what exactly do you have mounted at the fore-end of the chassis. I notice a little grey thing on both.

Also, do you have any recommendations for properly setting up a sling on one of these?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeSnifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this doesn't pertain, <span style="color: #000099">but what exactly do you have mounted at the fore-end of the chassis</span>. I notice a little grey thing on both.

Also, do you have any recommendations for properly setting up a sling on one of these? </div></div>
Those are the sling hooks that come with the rifle, I moved them from the left side to the right side.
FTI you need to use some heat on the screws(I used a tiny butane torch), because Sako puts loctite on everything.
SScott