• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Tri-Star a Canik 55 Built C-100 (CZ 75 Comapct)

DRAGON64

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Alabama
I have been questing for a budget compact for carry to use for CCW and home defense. I do realize that the word budget and carry ordinarily do not go hand in hand, especially where personal and home defense is concerned. But in a world of "Ploymer Wonders", slogging through looking for a low cost light weight compact can be cumbersome. But the Turkish made C-100, a CZ 75 Compact copycat, sports an alloy steel frame, instead of a poly frame, and weighs in at 23oz. and cost nearly $200 less than the original. To my surprize, the C-100 also comes highly recommended by the NRA and the National Rifleman (by most anyone who has reviewd the product):

American Rifleman Link:

American Rifleman - TriStar C-100 9 mm Luger

NRA pubs video:

Gun of the Week: TriStar C-100 - YouTube

Handguns Magazine:

Tristar C-100 - Handguns

I first saw the C-100 at Academy Sports (2-28-2014) after seeing that the Remington R51 was added to their website... I had stopped by the local store on the off-chance that they had one of the new elusive Remington offerings, but it was not to be had. The salesman recommended a favorite handgun of his, that he recently purchased at Academy... and it was the C-100 from Tri Star. In researching for a carry handgun, the CZ 75 compact was high on my list of guns to evaluate, however, no one seemed to have inventory any where... except for the inflated priced pieces on gunbroker. The C-100 is a Turkish clone of the CZ 75 compact. When the saleman put it in my hands I knew right then I had found my carry. The C-100 is by the most comfortable handgun I have ever gripped, it was like shaking hands with an old friend. I purchased the pistol the next day, as I wanted to go home and do some reading on the pistol to see what kind of ratings it gets. To my surprize, the pistol got high marks on nearly every website I read. I bought the C-100 yesterday (3-1-2014) for $329.99 (+tax). Here is the link to the Academy website:

Academy - Tristar Products C-100 9mm Pistol

Here is the link to the Tri Star family of compacts, including the C-100:

semi automatic pistols

I have not shot the handgun yet, so I cannot comment yet on felt recoil, accuracy or reliability. I also have not researched a proper holster for this handgun yet, and whether or not it was the right call for a concealable handgun... I can say that pocket carry is out... I will update this topic as I begin the process of breaking in handgun, and try to report what I find.

It should be noted here, that I am a complete novice with handguns. I have only owned one handgun prior to this purchase, as Remington R1 1911. I owned the 1911 for a week, shot 50-rounds thru her, and subsequently the sold her. I was not ready for handguns, the 1911 or the 230gr 45. This time I will start off with something more manageable and work my way up to a 1911...

I digress, here some images of the C-100 during the initial disassembly and cleaning...

The usual swag...

IMG_7469_zps66a768cf.jpg

IMG_7468_zpsc4d734d4.jpg

IMG_7470_zps6106d098.jpg

Right or wrong, about the only affordable 9mm ammo in the area was reloaded ammo. I bought some ammo loded by a company who originates out of Culman, AL, about 50-miles south of me. I picked up 500 rounds for $154.

IMG_7471_zps6affdb8a.jpg

IMG_7475_zps18e83a38.jpg

For some defensive rounds I picked up some Hornady JHP "Critical Defense" rounds...

I can't say anymore about the C-100, as I do not know it yet... So more when I do.