• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triad AI Mag Pouch Family update

Triad

Old Dude
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2003
KC
www.triadtactical.com
Much of the past info on this topic was lost a few weeks ago when the S-4 took a dump. And now that there are new additions to the family, I thought I would post an update.

Here it is: The five round pouches are in stock......

TT-MP1-5RD-MS-KHCombo-1.jpg

You might notice that the two pouches look a little different from each other. That's because there is a surprise.

TT-MP1-5RD-MS-KHComboOpen.jpg

TT-MP1-5RD-MS-KHSide.jpg

Not only will it hold a single AICS 5 round 308 magazine , it will also hold a Single 10 round AI AW magazine. .

The use of the short MALICE clip to attache the pouch to MOLLE or ALICE gear, allows the pouch to be worn on a normal belt as well. Once closed, the MALICE clip will not pull open like a metal snap or some of the "tab" style attachments. By adjusting the way the pouch is attached, you can fit the pouch on belts between 1-3".

TT-MP1-5RD-MS-KHBackcopy.jpg

These pouches include both buckle and Velcro closures, but do not have the Velcro section to cover the loop on the face of the pouch. They will be available in Khaki, Coyote Brown, Ranger Green, Olive Drab, Black and Multicam. All but the last two are in stock at this time.

Re: Triad AI Mag Pouch Family update

Since we are talking about new additions to the family, there is also a Double pouch for AI 300wm or 338lm magazines. These pouches are basically a copy of the Double pouch for 10 round AICS 308 magazines. , which many of you are familiar with. (thanks to all) These pouches will hold two 300WM/338LM sized magazines.

TT-MP1-AIM-2-MS-KH.jpg

TT-MP1-AIM-2-MS-KHOpen.jpg

TT-MP1-AIM-2-MS-KHSidecopy.jpg

The only noticeable differences will the the necessary change in size, and the tapered corners on the flap. These items are in production but not yet in stock, but they are listed on the Triad site if you want to bookmark it now. They will be available in Khaki, Coyote Brown, Ranger Green, Olive Drab, Black and Multicam.

I just got one of the double 10 round pouches in multicam - very nice.

I like the tapered corners on the new ones!

Also got one of the multicam HSG stretch hats from Triad and realized that they're the first one's that I've found that adjust all the way down to fit my kids!
smile.gif
Now I have to order 4 more hats, a few more mags, a couple of the 5/10 round single pouches, a multicam dragbag....and I forgot to get one of the Triad cups!

Wow great timing. Just looked last night for an update on the five round AICS pouches to no avail, now this morning this. You're killing my wallet, but thanks just the same
smile.gif
Order just placed.

Cheers!
SA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....These pouches will hold two 300WM/338LM sized magazines...... not yet in stock....... </div></div>

When they 'll be available for buying ?

PP out

The smell of MOLLE make it all the way it Italy already??

Based on past custom orders, I am guessing about 4-5 weeks from now.

steve,

have you tried the seekins mags in these?

i am guessing they will work

The double 10 rounders I got from Steve worked with my Accurate mags. Looks like it is time to order up some 5 rounders. Thanks for a great product Steve.

Jim

I have never seen the Seekins mags so I cant say. Send me all your mags and I will try them out ;-)

Here are a few photos of the single 5 round/AW pouch and a double 300/338 pouch mounted on an Eagle MOLLE Belt:

PMBwithpouches2copy.jpg

PMBwithpouchescopy.jpg

Here is a photo of the pouches on a VERY large pack. It makes the pouches look tiny. I wonder if walking around with this pack on will make my ass look smaller too............

BFPwithpouches.jpg

Steve,

I'd be in for two Multicam 338Lm pouches , can you drop me a line when they'll be available pls ?

PP out

Steve,

I see the order for the foilage AI AW 10 round magazine pouch made it through. When do you expect to see the same pouch in Multi-Cam and when do you expect to see the AWM and AWSM pouches....any idea on what colors will arrive first )please don't say black
grin.gif
)

Thanks
Pat

The 5 round/AW pouches in Multicam came today, and the site has been updated.

The 300/338 doubles are in production but not yet in stock, but they are listed on the Triad site if you want to bookmark it now.

I'm new to these pouches and I have the 5 and 10 round 300win mag magazines. Which one if any of your pouches will the 10 rounders fit in? Single or double is fine just as long as they fit snug.

I will give an update on the magnum pouch as soon as I can. Don't look for any info in the next 2-3 weeks though.

just ordered mine the other day, and finally after steve hard work, they are produced thanks steve I know this has been a long time in making

Multicam pouches for the AICS 10 rounders and some more for the 5 rounders showed up.

No word on the double pouch for the magnums.

just got my MC pouch for 2 10 rds .308...it's kinda tight trying to fit both mags..took me 5 min to get them in...do they loosen up a little bit ?

now that is a pouch! good work dude. I really like the single mag pouch. Folded out edge and everything, well thought out.

There is so much shit on the market nowadays it's nice to see something tidy come together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got my MC pouch for 2 10 rds .308...it's kinda tight trying to fit both mags..took me 5 min to get them in...do they loosen up a little bit ? </div></div>

It helps if you load the outside mag first and then the inside mag. They will loosen up pretty quick with some use.

Steve,

Will any of them work with the older style AE mags. I realize the new AE Mark II is the same as AICS now. I have the older single stack AE (5 round) mags. Will they work or are they too loose?

Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got my MC pouch for 2 10 rds .308...it's kinda tight trying to fit both mags..took me 5 min to get them in...do they loosen up a little bit ? </div></div>

It helps if you load the outside mag first and then the inside mag. They will loosen up pretty quick with some use. </div></div>

gotcha. thanks. The all Multicam is very nice btw. Now if you could get Eagle to add MOLLE to their drag bag so we could attach those pouches inside
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper1*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Steve,

Will any of them work with the older style AE mags. I realize the new AE Mark II is the same as AICS now. I have the older single stack AE (5 round) mags. Will they work or are they too loose?

Thanks,
</div></div>

I dont have any AE mags on hand right now, so I cant fit test them for you.

I am happy to announce that the Triad Tactical double magazine pouches for 300/338 AI mags are in stock. Not planed, on order, on the way or delayed by two weeks.

IN STOCK NOW.

Scroll down until you find the color you need.

Thanks for your patience.

Trg 42 .338 LM magazines measure appox. 3 7/8" long, 1" wide, and 3 1/4" tall.

Do your 2 mag, magazine pouches have center dividers ? I dont want my $200 mags rubbing against each other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TomS308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Do your 2 mag, magazine pouches have center dividers ? I dont want my $200 mags rubbing against each other.</div></div>

Sweet jesus, man. Then leave them in the safe. God only knows what could happen if they were actually inserted into your gun. I was once at a pistol course where a guy was running a 1911 and refused to let his precious chrome-plated mags hit the ground. Every mag change he would pull the mag out and tuck it delicately into his pocket before inserting a new magazine. After about an hour the instructor gave him his money back and sent him home.

Just to stay on topic, FYI the 338 pouch will hold two DTA SRS mags if you remove the shock cord. It's tight (especially the first time before things have broken in and loosened up a bit,) but it works and they extract just fine and the Triad pouches fit onto Molle properly, unlike the TAD Gear ones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TomS308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trg 42 .338 LM magazines measure appox. 3 7/8" long, 1" wide, and 3 1/4" tall.

Do your 2 mag, magazine pouches have center dividers ? I dont want my $200 mags rubbing against each other. </div></div>

No dividers. They caused too much trouble getting the mags into the pouch. If your magazines have the big rimed floorplate on them, they will not rub together much anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper1*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will any of them work with the older style AE mags.</div></div>I use the single mag pouch for Mk 1 AE mags. Works just fine:
TT-MP1-5RD-MS-OD -- Triad Tactical Single 5 Round AICS/AW Magazine Pouch.

Awesome kit. Ordered mine late last week and it arrived today. Very well put together-

J~

Just placed Triad's AI AE pouches on my G Eberlestock. Thanks Triad
IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

Side Pockets with Molle, Each side will hold 6

Here is a photo of a 10 round SR-25 mag in the single:

MP1with10.jpg

There is some room, so it should work with M1A, FAL, DMPS etc.

With a Gen I 5 round AE magazine:

MP1withAE.jpg

You can "fit" two in there, but the fit is very tight (not recommended)

With a DPMS 308 magazine:

MP110-2sr.jpg

MP110-2sr2.jpg

With just one magazine, it will fit DPMS, SR-25, M1a, FAL, G-3 etc.

I was able to cram in two M1a or DPMS mags. The flap was too short for the velcro to match up, so the buckle was required. The fit was very tight and this is not recommended.

WOW! I have not had good news on this front for some time. Good news is that a bunch of these showed up today.

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tactical-Single-5-Round-AICS-AW-Magazine-Pouch.html in Olive Drab and Ranger Green

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tactical-Double-10-Round-AI-Short-Action-Magazine-Pouch.html in Coyote Brown and Black

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tactical-Double-5-Round-300-338-Magazine-Pouch.html in Multicam

All are in stock and ready for you to order online.