• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triad Stock Pack for lefty couple questions

JC PAINT WORKZ

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2012
IN
www.youtube.com
I'm looking at the Triad Stock Packs. I see there is a Large (which seems to not have any ammo loops), and I see the Triad Stock Pack (which has the option to choose inside/outside ammo loops). My question is the Triad stock pack does not state the size is this the exact same as the large just with the optional ammo loops? the large is a few dollars more and I'm kinda confused.

Also I have a right handed 5R. I'm shooting it left handed so I will be cycling the bolt with my right hand. Should I get the pack on the Left or the Right side of the stock. (I'm thinking about getting the ammo holder inside the pouch), I know my cheek will be on the right side of the stock i was just curious if the pack is large enough that its going to get in the way of the cheek weld, as it would be faster to have it on the right so I wouldnt have to reach over and grab but either way its not a huge deal. Just curious what others might have and what lefties like as far as being able to reach ammo easily.

Triad Stock Pack: http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pack.html

Large Stock Pack: http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-large-Stock-Pack.html

Re: Triad Stock Pack for lefty couple questions

The large is a little larger and there is not a shell loop option right now.
The large will hold a mildot master and the pocket is about 7.5x3.5" at the center of the pouch where it tapers.
The size with the loops has a pocket that is about 7x3" at the center of the pouch where it tapers..

The bolt side should not matter, if you want your face on the right side of the rifle, order the left hand version.

If shooting left handed get the left hand version. A rifle with a stock pack tends to be more difficult to shoot from the "pouch side". In a 5r, you will be trying to maximize your cheek weld.

The pouch under your chin will make that impractical.

I shoot lefty with a lefty stock pack. It works real well. Right handed shooters have a had time with that pouch on my rifle.

BMT

So Triad the actual cheek weld section is the same on both units then? Meaning it takes up same length on the stock and it gives you same rise?

You control the amount of cheek rise. There're multiple velcro strips attached to the underside to customize the fit. I just took delivery of the large pack a week or so ago, well worth the purchase.

Love my Triad tapered rear bag. Good to know they have a lefty stock pack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CASDB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You control the amount of cheek rise. There're multiple velcro strips attached to the underside to customize the fit. I just took delivery of the large pack a week or so ago, well worth the purchase. </div></div>

Yea I get that part but is the Large and the reg the same length? Meaning front to back length. I have a large head and longer would be better. so my cheek can set comfortable!!

Well I went ahead and ordered the reg triad pack left hand version, and a large wedgie since I'm using a 9-13 bipod! We'll see how it goes! Cant wait to get this rifle all the way setup and shoot it!