• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triad Tactical Discount Codes/SH Discount Codes?

Pusher591

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 18, 2009
    Gaston County
    I know Triad has some great prices but do they offer special discount codes for weekly/mmonthly deals?

I need to get a little ammo for practice and a match I'm already committed to. Otherwise I would be saving the money. Just looking to get the best deal I can. If anybody knows if they have any codes I could use, it would greatly appreciated
    smile.gif

Re: Triad Tactical Discount Codes/SH Discount Codes?

I asked about two weeks ago, and they said no discount codes for Hiders. Didn't ask about weekly/monthly though.
    I'm betting "not"

10-4, figured I'd ask. Thanks for the reply.

Pusher591,

We currently do not offer across the board discounts at this time. Some of our products do not allow "room" for discounting, or have policies against it. That being said, we try to keep our pricing as competitive as possible all the time.

If you are looking for ammo, we carry Black Hills and list it at the lowest prices they allow us to use online. Another bonus is that a case of ammo has a ups shipping weight of 1 pound!!

I haven't found prices better than Triad's anywhere else.

They kind of make up for the "great prices" with shipping.

I snagged two ten rounders from a guy on the Hide today. $80 per mag, free shipping.

I love their stock packs and wanted to buy another one for my new rifle but at 15 bucks for shipping I'll wait til I need to order other stuff or order elsewhere. 15 for shipping something that could fit in a small flat rate box is bit ridiculous. Almost as bad as midway.

The $15 shipping seems to be the norm nowadays

No matter what, the increased cost of fuel has driven up shipping costs. I have no idea if Triad is getting rich from shipping costs but I really doubt it.

Agree they probably aren't getting rich but when something fits in a flat rate box and everyone and their brother knows the cost, but gets charged $15, it kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Theyre not getting rich off it by any means. A small flat rate is 5.15 when you purchase online so theyd be making 10 bucks on shipping. They offer great products and Ill continue to buy from them but Ill wait til I need other stuff before I order.

I wanted to try the new HTI sling. I logged and put it in my basket and went to checkout.....then seen I was going to be chargerd $15.41 for shipping on a damn sling.....No thanks. I sent a PM asking if it was mistake, but have not received a reply. I'll just buy another TAB sling from Rifles Only and pay $6 for Priorty Shipping.

Vendors charging high shipping and 3% credit card fees burns my ass. 5 years ago everyone took credit cards without a fee and the merchants were still being charged a service fee by Visa/MasterCard. It was absorbed by the vendor because that was the Policy according to the Visa Merchant Services Contract they signed. We as buyers allowed it to happen.

I wanted to try the new HTI sling. I logged and put it in my basket and went to checkout.....then seen I was going to be chargerd $15.41 for shipping on a damn sling.....No thanks. I sent a PM asking if it was mistake, but have not received a reply. I'll just buy another TAB sling from Rifles Only and pay $6 for Priorty Shipping.

Vendors charging high shipping and 3% credit card fees burns my ass. 5 years ago everyone took credit cards without a fee and the merchants were still being charged a service fee by Visa/MasterCard. It was absorbed by the vendor because that was the Policy according to the Visa Merchant Services Contract they signed. We as buyers allowed it to happen.

I just bought a tab sling from mile high shooting. Free shipping and received it fast.

Shipping from Triad's been like that for quite awhile. I just wait until I'm ordering enough to offset the shipping cost. Had to laugh in the Midway thread about shipping, cause I immediately remembered what I gave for shipping on a TIS sling from Triad.

It costs me $5 to get to Cabela's and back in the car. More than twice that if I take the truck. Add in nearly 8% for sales tax and the fact most local gun and sporting good stores simply do not carry the hardware and accessories the the likes of us want and the 15 bucks that Triad or others charge is not really out of line.

When my wife called Triad to purchase a gift for me she said they were great to deal with. Happy wife, happy life. If there is something inexpensive I desire and the shipping is upside down, I wait until I have a more significant order. That holds true with with anyone I'm doing mail order business with.

Our culture has become a bunch of "got'a have it now and it better cost next to nothing" winers. Small, specialty merchants don't have a lot of margin to give. That 10% discount costs them 20% of their mark up. Smalls don't have much profit so the minimum handling has to come into effect. The shipping box is not free to them. Who's processing the order? Employees need to get paid even though sales might be down and a the owner has to sign a note on his or her house to make payroll. It might be a couple of months before the owner can make a draw and enjoy the fruits of their labor. Some high dollar merchandise doesn't move quickly tying up the revenue to keep the business open. They are in business to make a living and do better for their family and maybe create a few jobs in the process. Most don't charge retail to begin with just to get your business and we want more?

I'm not trying to get in a discussion about this. I just saw my old man run a sucessful engineering business. He was always dealing Architects trying to beat him down on fees. Then the bastards woudn't pay their bills on time, sometmes never in full. But I digress.

Ok, ok, ok, I'll get off my soapbox. It is Small Business Saturday though.

I'll keep buying from Triad. They always seem to have what I need when others are on backorder.

Last edited:
    Do they do a Black Friday event? I’ve got a few things to grab and wonder if it’s worth hanging on a few weeks. Thanks