• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triad Tactical Precision Rifle case: adding shoulder sling?

carbonbased

💥💥💥💥
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Minnesota
Here’s the case: https://triadtactical.com/triad-precision-rifle-carry-case/

Here’s the backpack straps: https://triadtactical.com/triad-backpack-shoulder-straps/

Any idea on how to easily add a simple shoulder strap to this thing? Does using just one backpack strap work? Could one rig something up? Maybe some owners could comment?

It’s nice to quickly translation to a shoulder strap as you’re carrying a case through doorways (with other stuff in hand). Setting everything down and donning a case in backpack fashion, esp. when hands are full, is a bummer. I know this case is a little more tactically focused, but hey, I wish they would’ve added a couple of D-rings.

So, the problem (a bit long):
I own a couple of really nice Armageddon Precision Rifle Cases, and they’re basically perfect. Until I got a Elite Iron bipod. The EI bipod doesn’t have a QR so the bipod stays on the gun, rotated sideways to make a slimmer profile. It’s a panning model as I shoot prairie dogs that don’t wait much more than 5 secs for one to get all lined up, perfect-like.

So no big deal, right? It’s a bit of a tight squeeze, but it works (going in). But upon pulling the gun out, the EI legs pull out due to the friction and, since it’s a panning model, I get the added “legs akimbo” thing. A full-zip bag would make getting the gun out a lot more elegant. First world probs.

So, for the PD gun, I’m looking for a good soft case that unzips all of the way, like the Triad one. Only the Triad doesn’t have a shoulder strap option, only backpack straps.

Wants:
- 54” minimum
- light-ish
- don’t need a dragbag
- for range trips, car
- 19lbs gun, 26” barrel, sometimes with suppressor attached (Armageddon 57” works for that, but I’m realistic here. Long cases sort of suck for vehicles. )

Other good quality options:
- savior LRP (bulky shape, looks stiff)
- Hogue single, but is only 46”
- Bulldog Tactical Long Range 54" (cheapest, brother has one, good stuff but not as good as Armageddon, probably not USA made, front runner at this point)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I have both an AG Precision Rifle Case and a Triad Tactical Precision Rifle case. They're both great cases with some obvious differences, mostly that the AG one is much more of a rifle "case" whereas the Triad Tactical is closer to a drag bag. You could use just one of the backpack straps as a shoulder strap, it wouldn't be ideal though since the spacing on the strap is in line with what you'd expect for back pack carry and not shoulder carry. I guess t really depends on how long you intend to carry it on your shoulder for? There's also a "drag handle" at the front of the case, you could possibly rig up a carry strap from there to one of the back pack strap mountain points? Or even just message Triad and ask about getting some d-rings sewn on for shoulder carry (or have a local shop do that for you)?

^^^ Ask Triad if they can rig/suggest something?
Using the front drag/hang strap by the muzzle as a strap/sling attachment point would probably cause the case to invert zipper side down, awkward.