• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tried ladder test with Varget on 7mm-08

m1k3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2008
San Angelo, TX
I've been using RL15 in my 7mm-08 loads for a while now and figured I would try Varget again. I thought this time I would try the method outlined here in the reloading forum with a ladder test. The range near by only goes to 200yds so I hoped that would be enough but, it doesn't look like by the pics.

I must admit I was highly pleased with the results but also a little disappointed it didn't forum a more obvious ladder. I'll try again this week with the Father-in-laws place (350yds) and see if that shows up a little better.

I couldn't see for sure where the last two shots went but one of them went through 41.5grn shot. So if I'm guessing 41.5, 42.0, and 42.5 formed a nice group. I was pretty happy shooting 40.0-41.0. Over all, there are 8 shots fired here. If I can get Varget to perform like this next time, it will blow RL15 out of the water! What do you guys think?

P1040332.JPG

P1040333.JPG