• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tried my first PRS match this summer...

stevieb92

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey all. Earlier this summer, I entered my first PRS match. I'm not new to shooting rifles at long range, but totally new to this specific sport. I wanted to expand my skills and step outside my comfort zone and try something new. I signed up for the POPRC (Penn-Ohio Precision Rifle Club) July 4th PRS match hosted by MKM Precision in Kennerdell, PA. A video of my experience is up on YouTube and linked below. It was a huge learning experience for me and I made a bunch of rookie mistakes along the way. I learned a lot just by observing the other shooters in my squad. I can't say enough great things about the people I met that day. Everyone was super nice and helpful to the FNG! Needless to say, I'm hooked. If you're interested, check out my video and I'd be happy to hear comments/suggestions. I want to learn and get better. One of the biggest things I've learned is to be coachable. Since that match, I've competed in three additional matches, and videos are in progress. Thanks for reading and for checking out the video if you're so inclined.

My first match (NRL22X) was at MKM. Great place and great folks. I wish I could go more often, but that 600mi. drive is not something I can do all the time.

My first match (NRL22X) was at MKM. Great place and great folks. I wish I could go more often, but that 600mi. drive is not something I can do all the time.

Yeah, Matt, Ken and Mark are great folks! I liked it so much Rosann and I joined MKM as members and we get there to shoot a couple times a month outside of matches. That's a rough drive. I'd love to go to K&M in TN, but that's about the same distance for me.

I just signed up for the match on Feb 11th that will be here. It will be my first PRS match as well. Really nice video!

I just signed up for the match on Feb 11th that will be here. It will be my first PRS match as well. Really nice video!

Excellent! I've got other commitments that day so I won't be there. Keep us posted how it goes for you! Thanks for checking out our video! Stay tuned, there are videos from 3 other matches in the works. We're newbies to Youtube. ;-)

Reactions: bushman77