• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tried out my pof 308, 960 yards

joseph-98

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 24, 2012
Nevada
www.instagram.com
deffiently not my best shooting but not bad for first time with this scope and rifle combo... im not use to using just hold overs so im sure ill improve in time.. but for now here is a short video of the pof in action, I just cannot see why anyone would not like this gun.. shot 120 rounds with zero issues... love this gun,,,

this video is the end of the first mag..i had just got my 100 yard zero and figured I would try and see what this thing could do... Im really starting to like the h27 reticle also!!
P.O.F 308 shooting bolder city rifle range..........960 yards - YouTube

Last edited:
Fun isn't it?

I have taken my 20" .308 AR out to 1000 and it worked fine. It shot as good as I could hold it. Try some heavier/longer bullets next time, they will handle the wind better.

Nice video of some thing, the only hits I could make out were in the dirt. hornady does not make a 150gr amax do they. It did go bang.
155gr AMAX @ 2568fps, 960yds= 42MOA or 12MIL

Try these for $25.00. If you shoot a drop chart from200,300+400 yds. and get their computer program to match your bullets arc as it goes down range. If you do it correctly they will be dead nuts accurate at all ranges. That is what I did when I had my custom turret made. The first time I shot it was at 400 yds. and I shot 3 shots very fast to see if I was even on the paper. Below is the target. All you have to do is range your target then turn your elevation turret to the yardage and hold for the wind and shoot. Never need to hold over again.

These will work as good as a custom turret for $125.00.

Custom Turret Systems | Affordable Custom Turret Labels

Attachments

• 400 yd target.jpg
    400 yd target.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
What's the size of the plates? I'm not hearing or seeing any impacts, other than a few in the dirt.

Turned up the volume, but my ears are also shot to hell, so I'm not your best bet.

What's the size of the plates? I'm not hearing or seeing any impacts, other than a few in the dirt.

Turned up the volume, but my ears are also shot to hell, so I'm not your best bet.

Ya, only thing I saw was dirt kicking up a few times. Nothing for sound either and I'm using headphones.