• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger Advice

MiNiAn

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2023
Manila
Hello, first sorry I’m not sure where to put my post so I’ll try here. A few months ago I bought a Shillen trigger for my rem 700 OMG it’s awesome. Then last week I bought a TT diamond single stage also, for my Vudoo. My question:

Why does the TT diamond does not break like sharp glass instead it feels like a thicker not sharp break. I have to check the weight.
I think the Shillen breaks at 2-3oz and the TT diamond is 6-7oz I will have to check.

Will lessening the weight make it feel more sharp? The Shillen feels awesome breaks sharply like glass not that mushy feel. Could it be the trigger shoe as I have a curve on Shillen and straight for TT pls help?? Thank you

Some rimfires that use 700 triggers have an unusually heavy pull and chunky feel, even if the trigger is rated and set to the same weight. It’s in the bolt design that causes some excess drag. I first noticed this with my @christensenarms Ranger 22. I put a 1 lbs. TT Special in it, and even with the screw removed, it’s still about 2-2.5 lbs pull. Tested the trigger in something else, trigger’s perfectly fine. It’s just how the bolt is designed that is causing excess drag on it. 🙁

I hope they fixed this issue with the new MPR Rimfires.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Wow did not know that. So even with pricey Vudoo and other rem 700 like RF this would happen. Interesting. I will def check and try other trigger.

Wow did not know that. So even with pricey Vudoo and other rem 700 like RF this would happen. Interesting. I will def check and try other trigger.
I don’t know about on those, I’m just saying that it can happen, as it is this way on my CA Ranger, and several other old rimfires that I’ve tried to do trigger upgrades on, lighter springs, etc… and the triggers felt the exact same.

In the Ranger 22, it was a very noticeably improvement over the factory TT that came in it, but was still a surprise to find out that it wasn’t all the original trigger causing the heavy and chunky pull, and that it was just part of the way the bolt is designed.

I have several old Marlin 917’s that I either did full trigger replacement or spring kits, and it ended up feeling just as shitty as factory. Complete waste of $100+ on the Jard triggers for the Marlin.

Reactions: MiNiAn
I have only used Timney triggers, both HIT and Calvin Elite, in my Vudoos and they break nice and clean. Maybe try a Timney.

I have only used Timney triggers, both HIT and Calvin Elite, in my Vudoos and they break nice and clean. Maybe try a Timney.
I’ll connect with Vudoo and try the Tim benchrest version. I’ll hold on to the TT for my next project.

Reactions: FuhQ