• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Trigger cam won't connect

Mxracer532

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2013
WA State
So I got a trigger cam from a buddy (don't wanna bother him on VDay)
I installed app and turned it all on and wifi to connect. I typed in the code and all and it says No internet connection.
I'm at a loss. Anyone got one and know what to do??

So I got a trigger cam from a buddy (don't wanna bother him on VDay)
I installed app and turned it all on and wifi to connect. I typed in the code and all and it says No internet connection.
I'm at a loss. Anyone got one and know what to do??
If your phone is connected to your WiFi on 5 Ghz disconnect/disable it and make sure you are on 2.4 Ghz only.

Common issue with many IoT devices.

Also make sure you enabled Location on the phone and for the app.

Ok. On your tablet / phone, you connect to the triggercam wifi. TC itself doesnt "need" internet.

So go into wifi settings, and look for the TC wifi signal, connect to that.

Is this what you want to know ?

If your phone is connected to your WiFi on 5 Ghz disconnect/disable it and make sure you are on 2.4 Ghz only.

Common issue with many IoT devices.

Also make sure you enabled Location on the phone and for the app.
So disconnect from my house WiFi. I disconnected from it and connected the TC. But it says no internet connection.
Also says to connect to camera on the app.

Ok. On your tablet / phone, you connect to the triggercam wifi. TC itself doesnt "need" internet.

So go into wifi settings, and look for the TC wifi signal, connect to that.

Is this what you want to know ?
Did that. That's not what my issue is.

The camera should act as a wifi access point, it won't have internet so your phone is going to bark about that.

It is sounding like the app needs the right permissions set for it. Look under the application settings and enable all that it needs, likely: location and storage.

If phone is being really stupid about it enable airplane mode then turn on WiFi and try to connect to the camera.

I have one. So with the trigger cam on, you can select it under your wifi correct? it will say no internet connection but should connect through the app. Are you not able to see it in the app?

Screenshot_20220214-200024.png

Is showing you are connected to the trigger cam's radio for your network. Are the permissions for the app enabled?

Is it a trigger cam 2.1? I know there is a different app for just the trigger cam.
I have tried both apps. This isn't the 2.1 cam. The other app I see is the BSP app. Bow, shotgun pistol app. But I tried it as well with the same results.

Is this the other app you tried?

Attachments

• D4E9837F-F91C-4562-9207-36EAF44C9170.jpeg
    D4E9837F-F91C-4562-9207-36EAF44C9170.jpeg
    531.8 KB · Views: 46
I have tried both apps. This isn't the 2.1 cam. The other app I see is the BSP app. Bow, shotgun pistol app. But I tried it as well with the same results.
There is an apk for the V1 from the maker:

Since it is a non-store install you likely will have to disable a security setting to allow un-trusted sources for apps to install it.
Be sure to turn the setting back on once are done installing that.

My iphone 11 doesn’t see the trigger cam wifi half of the time. Having issues as well. Somtimes it does see the wifi not sure if it’s a transmission issue from the trigger cam 2.1 or a receiving issue on the iPhone 11.

Or is it an interference issue ? I’m in the country and would not assume it would be that 🤷‍♂️

Very frustrating as you cant focus the video without a connection

Last edited: