• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger for Impact 787R

nick338

Commander- of what I have no idea
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
Yes another trigger thread but not in the usual context. I need a trigger to pair with an Impact 787R long action 300 PRC build. But the single most important feature I value in this decision is reliability and secondly, the feel of the action cycling. So ounces does not matter to me because honestly I'm ok with a 2 lb pull on this rifle.

I currently have a TT Diamond and I love the engagement and it has not failed to date. But another trigger I'm taking a hard look at is the Bix N Andy TacSport Pro due to the ability to tune it to the action. I've read several threads on here in relation to it and how it changes the feel of the action but I haven't seen much on the overall reliability of the trigger in terms of going down in a match or dealing with moisture, dust, etc.

Again, reliability is paramount on this build and I know everything breaks at some point but hopefully I can better decide from experience here.

I know not on your list, but the jewel HVR is a fantastic trigger. Easy to tune and has been 100% reliable for me in many rifles.

BnA.

The TT may require trigger timing, but the trigger hanger on the Impact helps with that.

Personally, I think BnA has better features than the TT.

I have 2 TTs, and I kind of wish I hadn't bought the second one - got it because of availability vs. others. Of the three triggers I currently use, the TT, while still a good trigger, ranks behind the Geissele Super 700 and far behind the BnA Benchrest (nothing comes close to this one).

Reactions: kthomas
I have 2 TTs, and I kind of wish I hadn't bought the second one - got it because of availability vs. others. Of the three triggers I currently use, the TT, while still a good trigger, ranks behind the Geissele Super 700 and far behind the BnA Benchrest (nothing comes close to this one).

The Benchrest is not a field application though is it?

The Benchrest is not a field application though is it?

I've been using one in my 6 BRA for a couple years now - it is definitely not a bench rest rifle. No issues at all.

EDIT: The down side is that it is 2x the cost of the other two mentioned.

Reactions: nick338
Have both, but the regular TacSport not the Pro. Dry firing and setting them up I think I prefer the BnA, there’s something about the Diamond I don’t quite like that I have a hard time putting into words. Maybe the BnA can be setup closer to how someone might prefer it, but absolutely factor in getting a replacement trigger shoe because the skinny one it comes with is just terrible.

I know the literature says the trigger pin hole bores are meant to be undersized but goddamn did I have a time installing the BnA in a spare hanger I had. Not even going to bother trying the -15 or +15 hangers, too much of a PITA.