• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger for Savage

gopherslayer

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2008
WI
My 22-250 has a worked over trigger on it and I love it. I just picked up a 223 ss fluted barrel used. Should I go aftermarket or work over this trigger.

I have looked at sharp shooters supply, curious on your thoughts.

Re: Trigger for Savage

If it is a pre accutrigger, I have had great luck with the Timney. Drop in, no fuss, easy to adjust and without hassle. Do not have any experience with the ss but would assume that it is also GTG as the rest of their stuff gets a great review from their users.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gopherslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have looked at sharp shooters supply, curious on your thoughts. </div></div>Look no further!

I have a Rifle Basix adjustable single stage. Frankly, I'm not impressed. It's got just the slightest amount of creep when you first start to put pressure on the trigger. The surfaces of the trigger face and the sear are not smooth and bind just enough to give the trigger pull a gritty sensation. I honed both contact points with a fine hone but it didn't help much. For the money, it's a disapointment.

Wish I had done the Timney or even the Sharp Shooter's Supply (even though Fred at SSS is a complete pain in the back side to do business with these days).