• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger for Vudoo V - 22 and other options.

Michael W

I love this place
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2020
    I just recently ordered a Vudoo-V-22.Apparition. During the order the process there are several options you can choose from. Here's how I spected out mine.
    22" MTU profile fluted barrel
    KRG chassis.
    60 MOA rail.

I'm going to be shooting this gun long range five six hundred yards plus.
    The gun should be ready. In October and I can change my order before the gun is made.

Right now the gun comes with it Timney 510 V2.

So here's my questions.
    1. The barrel length. For the type of long range shooting I'm doing , I'm not sure if that length to will work ..I run supressed.
    I do like the aesthetic( I know that's not a good reason dammit)
    2. The krg chassis. I already own a couple of MPA chassis weapons and I'm kind of leaning away from the modern sniper rifle look.. I like the more conventional appearance. Plus I already own a krg chassis and it seems to be a very nice fit . Is there any reason I should spend the extra money on one of these other available
    chassis?
    3. Trigger I'm not a real big fan of Timney triggers for some reason. I currently run a triggertech special on one of my rifles and it it works very well. But it's a little heavy for me when I'm shooting out past 1500 yards. I'm looking at the triggertech diamond but I'm open to suggestions.
    4. 60 MOA rail. I have a choice of 0, 20, 40 and 60 Moa rails what are your guy's thoughts on this for long-range I don't really want to run rail mounted devices to increase distance. Just scope rings and scope.( I would still like to zero it at a decent range )

One last thing I currently run a MPA BA 22 . It runs a CZ 457 in 22lr with a custom 21 inch barrel. I'm only able to go out to about 350 yards with this gun I would like to go further and I plan on it but will need to get another scope and possibly more MOA in my rings. But at 350 yards it likes SK match . The question I'm asking is out past 500 yards what ammo would you suggest running for my new Vudoo gun works 22lr

Last edited:
    What scope are you planning on running? Even with a 60moa rail, 600yds+ is going to take all of your internal adjustment on alpha level optics.

Reactions: DubfromGA
    I haven't decided that yet but the scope I'm leaning towards is a taboo scope on this site that I will not even mention its name. I'm really not looking for drama in this post. But if I go that direction we're looking at 150 MOA internal adjustment.

Forgot to mention any Remington 700 trigger will work

Look into the Huber two stage triggers.

The KRG isn't cheaper. You just buy it a la cart. Ask me how I know. 🤠

Reactions: littlepod
    My v22 repeater is the ridgeback model with a 22” Kukri barrel and a trigger tech diamond trigger shooting center-x. I have a 40 Moa base with a vortex 5x25x56 strike eagle on it. I am able to shoot 25 yd indoor targets and have shot silhouette targets at 200, 300, 380 and 500 meters with this setup. The strike eagle has 110 minutes of elevation and 36 more minutes if stadia in the reticle. To get to 500 meters I needed 117 minutes of elevation which took a combination of elevation dialing and holdover but it was pretty easy to hit those big rams with it. A 60 minute base would have let me dial the 500 meters no problem.

• Wow
    Lots of good info .How is the trigger? How about action.

Lots of good info .How is the trigger? How about action.
    i love the diamond trigger. it is the same as my 6mm, both are single stage and set to 4 oz. it could go to 2oz but i chose not to. the v22 action is control feed so there is not chance of dinging the bullet on the way in the chamber and very smooth.

I wish I had the Diamond trigger, I was at my limit when I ordered so my budget made me go with a Timney Hit. I plan to change it soon. I have tried the Diamond and like it better than the Hit, the grass may be greener but I am pretty sure I need greener grass.

Ammo wise the Center X works great in mine (20" Kukri in a MDT) but I played around with the X act and Midas with fantastic results at longer range and on the Chrono.

I have three different triggers in my R700-footprint rifles: Jewell, Timney Calvin Elite, Trigger Tech Diamond. All are set at eight ounces.

There's not a hair's breadth of difference in them to me. Set them up correctly and they're very close.

I specified a TT Diamond when I ordered my Vudoo. Then, because I wanted to reallocate a few $$ to other parts of the toy box, I changed the order to the Timney, which was a bit cheaper. Never regretted the decision.

Later, I purchased a Diamond on sale, put it in the Vudoo, and the C.E. now sits in my newest custom. If someone were to switch the triggers around in my rifles and challenge me to tell which one is where, I don't think I could do it. I shoot a fair amount, and I'm a bit of a trigger snob. Buy the good stuff and they're very close.

That's very good info. I've only heard good things about the triggertech diamond. As far as the chassis goes I think I'm going to stay with the krg. Like I said previously I have a krg in a training rifle I built on the Tikka action and Barrel in 223. The thing I like about that chassis most of all is there's a lot of room to put weights in it I probably added maybe 3 lb weight to that gun I think I have it almost to 14 lb fully set up. On my MPA chassis rifle there's nowhere to hide weights and I'm not really cool on spending $100 or a 10 ounce piece of Steel
    IMG_3017.jpg

I use Bix and Andy, my friends run TT diamond both or great triggers. I don’t think you’d be disappointed with either.

Another Trigger Tech Diamond guy. I have one in a 6.5 CM that I built and I installed one in a Bergara B14R. Great triggers, no creep, breaks like an icicle being snapped!

I know this is a resurrected old thread, but I'm also a Trigger Tech Diamond guy on my Vudoo. I have Jewel triggers on my competition centerfire rifles, but if I was building those these days, I'd go with the TT Diamond there too.

I have an Apparition KRG chassis with the 20 inch Kukri barrel, and Trigger Tech Diamond single stage trigger. I like the gun, but I'm not a fan of the KRG. The mag well is too sloppy and I had to fiddle with the magazines to get them to seat well. If you are running suppressed, you may want to keep your barrel relatively short 18-22. Powder is pretty much completely burned at 20 inches. I agree about the Timney-go with the Trigger Tech 2 stage or Bix. Barrel contour? How much weight do you want? A heavier barrel is more stable and may be better for really long range shooting. Rail? I'd go 30 MOA and maybe consider adjustable mounts like Burris Signature Tactical where you can add up to 40 more MOA. You can always change the rail.

Another great trigger is the CG extreme 2 stage.