• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger for your bolt gun

mwilkins

Minuteman
Jun 1, 2010
Sachse, TX.
side stepping out of the AR world and getting my feet wet with bolt guns. Starting to gather information on components and would like to get some feed back of personal opinions on what triggers are liked and disliked. Will be purchasing a Stiller action and more than likely it will be mated in an XLR chassis.

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Trigger for your bolt gun

I have a Jewell trigger on my Rem. 700 LTR and I like it a lot. It is very consistent and no creep at all. I have it set for 2 lbs which for me is working well.

If you are looking for a trigger that is reliable under adverse conditions,a jewel might not be your first choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dimar1492</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are looking for a trigger that is reliable under adverse conditions,a jewel might not be your first choice. </div></div>

I agree. Of all the triggers I have used, I like the Timney the best. If you are going with a Stiller action, then call Timney directly and order a 510-U. Not the regular 510. You will be very happy.

im putting together an r700 action with sendero barrel on an AX chassis and looking for a trigger also. Dont mean to hyjack your thread.

A stock remington trigger can be a wonderful piece of work when tuned properly. I personally love CG Jackson/Extreme triggers but will take a well tuned Remington trigger in a heart beat.

I dont know how to tune stock triggers. Not sure id wanna mess with it either. Almost be easier for me to rip it out and drop a new one in

I use some Timney's but don't really care for the wide shoe. I use a LOT of Shilen triggers. They're great.

Thanks for the input guys. Think I am going to look at the Timney's first to see how I like them. The price is decent on them so if I don't like the way they feel, I am not out much when I go to replace it.

Go with the timney. The Jewell is nicer, but it is more expensive, and may not work as well in the dirt.