• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing trigger install???? need some help

ker2222

Minuteman
Sep 3, 2004
Hastings, MN
anyone have a link or pdf or something with step by step install directions for a rem 700 trigger???

I have:
barreled action with new x-mark trigger
old style trigger with bolt lock up safety even

I don't have:
know how to swap them out
blush.gif

Re: trigger install???? need some help

tried......got about a gozillion links to adjusting triggers, jewel triggers, timney triggers, complaints and ads for the new x-mark, ect ect. Hoping someone had a step by step (hopefully) with a pic directions

Here's a couple of pics of how it will look when you are finished. The most confusing part for most folks is the bolt release spring.

I purposely washed this picture in bright light because the contrast shows the spring pretty well.

P10100112.jpg

P10100122.jpg

got it done guys.........thanks.

spring across the room a few times....

learned lesson too..........old-old style trigger w/bolt lock safety will not fit on new sps....there is no cut out on the action for the safety bar

like anything....if you have to do it 5-6times in row you can learn it.....

thanks

keith

this is the best thing you could have done. I wish I had seen this pic when I put mine back together. I thought I would never get it back together.