• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Trigger installation

head2h2o

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2008
Houston, TX
I tried installing a Timney model 510 on a Surgeon 591 action with Badger M5 bottom metal and found out that when I tried to put it all together that the pin that the safety switch rotates on blocks the action from resting down on the stock. Has anyone else had this issue? I have never had this problem with Jewell triggers, but their safety mechanisms are different. Timney triggers have always worked well with factory bottom metal also. Is there a solution here that I am overlooking short of using a different trigger or milling out a slot for the pin. I am also interested in triggers that would work with the M5 bottom metal other than the Jewell or Timney that have a safety, as these are the only 2 that I have used.

Thanks.

Re: Trigger installation

tag

i was considering changing the x mark pro trigger out on a rife with a rem 700 action with a manners t4 stock with m5 bottom metal and really dont want to have to inlet anything.

thanks
brad