• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger issue

DesertScout23

Private
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2013
Hi guys,
I recently ordered the following trigger:

Bix'n Andy Remington 700 TacSport PRO - X, Two-Stage, Top Left Safety, w/ Gator shoe
TRBX0121​

When I put everything together, I noticed that the rifle unintentionally fires itself when I switch the safety from “on to off” position. This is obviously a dangerous issue. I’m waiting to hear back from the company I bought it from. I’ve already measured for sear height and appears within normal range.

Any thoughts what may be causing this?

Fast forward to 2:10 min mark. If the Pro X is the same mechanically as the Tac Sport Pro then it also applies. I have a non-X Tac Sport Pro and you have to adjust the sear engagement. If it’s not properly adjusted any “bump” will cause it to fire.

Fast forward to 2:10 min mark. If the Pro X is the same mechanically as the Tac Sport Pro then it also applies. I have a non-X Tac Sport Pro and you have to adjust the sear engagement. If it’s not properly adjusted any “bump” will cause it to fire.

Thank you all for your input. Adjusting sear engagement wound up solving the issue.