• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Trigger Issues

Free.Range.Canuck

Private
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2019
Hey there,

I developed a problem that I thought might be my trigger, a TT diamond single stage, where I would get a "false break" where the trigger would move backwards as if it had gone off, but didn't drop the firing pin until more pressure was applied, or if i let off the trigger and went to open the bolt, it would go off as soon as there was upward pressure applied to the bolt handle. I have since sent the trigger back to TriggerTech for a replacement, and as I have a match next weekend, I went and picked up another trigger, a 2-stage diamond. I just got it put into the rifle, dryfired a few times to check function, then took it out to the range. We'll to my surprise I am having the same issue as I was before. I am at a bit of a loss as its a brand new trigger that has lead me to maybe think the cocking piece is potentially the source of my issues. If any of you have experienced this before please let me know, and what solved it for you. I sent the guys at Lone Peak an email earlier today and am just wanting on a response, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Here's a link to a video of exactly whats happening.

And a picture of the cocking piece below.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220909_131936.jpg
    20220909_131936.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 46
That's good news. Was the cocking piece on the bolt the issue?
It seems to have been burrs on the inside of the bolt body that was hanging up the firing pin and not letting it drop. So when trying to open the bolt it dislodges the hangup and drops the firing pin. I've had the action for about a year and put 3000 rounds of live fire and a ton of dryfire before this started to happen. But Mike took care of me without headache, which is super nice with being in Canada and most cross border stuff being a bit of a nightmare.

Reactions: Taylorbok