• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing trigger pull question

hue001t

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2009
jacksonville,NC/middletown CT
i have savage 110E not with accutrigger. how do i adjust the trigger pull and is it something that should absolutely not be done by a novice. (id still like to know how)

Re: trigger pull question

it's not in the owners manual?

Well triggers are a very touchy. You should have papers with it or i would look for some online. You really need a diamgram with them or you can really mess them up. So here ya go. Look in section 4.
Linky....

Hard to adjust older Savage triggers for RELIABLE light pulls. I'd suggest a Rifle Basix or SSS aftermarket trigger if you want 2 pounds or so. JMHO

yea i read i saw the accutrigger adjust i looked at that and then took apart and saw the same screw as in the accutrigger. i tried it both ways and it did adjust the pull so we will c final test this weekend at range i suppose! Ty for the link i also printed myself a copy! thanx again

be careful with it, a friend of mine turned the trigger too light and caused a bang when he closed the bolt too hard. of course, the muzzle was pointed down range, but it sure took him by surprise :p

After adjusting the trigger, always try shutting the bolt hard and fast to see if the firing pin falls. If it does fall you need to readjust to where it doesn't fire accidentally.

We lightened the trigger on my 700 and did that simple test and my firing pin was indeed falling when the bolt was worked hard. Would have been a bad thing to find out the hard way with a round in the chamber.

Good
smile.gif
glad my friend's experience helped others so one do not walk down the same path.

Hope your trigger pull turned out the way you wanted it, and have fun at the range.

Dyl..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target In Sight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the muzzle was pointed down range, but it sure took him by surprise :p </div></div>

The 2 loudest noises there is when it comes to firearms... a BOOM when there is supposed to be a "click", and a CLICK when there is supposed to be a "BOOM"!!

DK

p.s. - Yes, I am glad everything worked out as well!!