• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger Pull Weight, TRG22

Vin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2004
Sorry for another question regarding the TRG 22. Does anyone know the recommended pull weight for the first stage of the trigger. I tested the weight of the second stage and is at 3 lbs. The manual advises how to adjust but does not mention anything regarding recommended weight of 1st stage in relation to 2nd stage. Hope this makes sense. Thx.

Re: Trigger Pull Weight, TRG22

Set both where YOU want them within the trigger's adjustment capabilities, not by what anyone recommends.

I have mine as light as it will get with the 1st stage...basically take up some slack with almost no weight and then a nice 2 1/2lbs pull for the second. Personal preference though.

I left the first stage alone and set second stage as light as it will go. Works for me,enables me to take snap shots and controled shots without any problems. just set it for HOW you do most of your shooting

Sako supposedly recommends that the 1st stage be roughly half the weight of the second stage.

Personal preference. I had my first stage at nearly nothing, could just feel it. Second stage was around 1 pound.