• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger question

wfpack14

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2008
West Fargo, ND
What is a good trigger for a combo tactical/hunting rig. The action is a Stiller predator. I would like a trigger that has a weight at 16oz or so. Is 16oz even safe for hunting? What weight is everyone running on their rigs? Am I crazy for even trying to make this rifle do two things? Thanks.

Re: Trigger question

If you want to go below 1.5 lbs, I'd favor the Jewell, but it's not the most forgiving unit when it comes to grit and dirt.

That seems really light for hunting to me...someone else's mileage may be different.

I have most of my hunting rifles set at 2 lbs...and even that is pretty light...I have to remove my gloves to shoot it in winter or it will go off before I can feel the trigger.

Take care,Stan

I should clarify that I think 1 lb is to low for hunting. After some more looking I am thinking I want about 2 lbs or so for a trigger with the possibility of going lower.