• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger question

sig2009

Minuteman
Feb 24, 2017
FL
I got an email from Euro Optic for their 20% off Timney triggers. I'm looking at the triggers for the Rem 700 and each one says that they have a bolt stop.
I have a Terminus Zeus that I am building off of. It has a bolt release. What is the purpose of the bolt stop and do I need a trigger with one?

I'm not familiar with Timney triggers. If you have the option, buy without the bolt stop for your Terminus. Your action has it built in.

Also, I believe most Rem700 triggers with the bolt stop can be removed.

Bolt stop/release, does the same thing. Keeps bolt captured in action.

I'm not familiar with Timney triggers. If you have the option, buy without the bolt stop for your Terminus. Your action has it built in.

Also, I believe most Rem700 triggers with the bolt stop can be removed.

Bolt stop/release, does the same thing. Keeps bolt captured in action.
Another question. The Timney are sold as left or right. Does that pertain to which side the bolt release is on?

If you have the option, buy one with it. You can take it off with one simple c clip if you won’t need it.

It primarily pertains to which side the safety is one which also drives which side the release goes to.

Reactions: Baron23
Yup, bolt release easily removed, get one with it so you can have a spare (for whatever purpose)....it's a plate that covers the side and is bent so there is a tab directly in front of the trigger, you'll see.
If you shoot right handed get a right safety, if you shoot left get the left.
Be aware that depending on stock or chassis used you *might* have to clearance a tad for the safety.

I got an email from Euro Optic for their 20% off Timney triggers. I'm looking at the triggers for the Rem 700 and each one says that they have a bolt stop.
I have a Terminus Zeus that I am building off of. It has a bolt release. What is the purpose of the bolt stop and do I need a trigger with one?
Simple. First get the model # Eurooptics is selling., Second, go to the Timney website and find it. Look at the options strictly on that trigger. You already have a bolt release so you don't need the little plunger in front of the trigger to release the bolt. Lot's of spring wire involved on that. Right hand Left it doesn't matter.

It that's not the trigger you want (single state/two stage) then pass.

Either way, just give them a ring. People tend to forget you can call others on the phone these days! They will get you what you want in 30-seconds.

I have a Timney installed on my .22 mag CZ 457 action. It is outstanding! One thing I considered - I much prefer a straight or straighter than round trigger shoe. It just so happens that in my case they had the straighter shoe available.

Great trigger - very adjustable - I have mine set to 1-pound. It will go a lot less....

You don't need the bolt stop with the Terminus, pretty much only need them for Remington 700s. On the Timney's the bolt stop is easily removed so if you order on with it, it's 30 seconds to remove it before installation.

The Timney single stage triggers are well known and generally well thought of, I don't have any though. I've had one Timney two stage trigger and I sold it because it didn't hold a candle to Bix N Andy or TriggerTech Diamond two stage triggers.

So the bolt stop is the flat piece on the left side of the trigger that you have to remove?

So the bolt stop is the flat piece on the left side of the trigger that you have to remove?
Yes, it is on oppisite side of the trigger from the safety normally. one allen screw or c clip and it is off. Below is an image of the bolt release.

1641430932937.png