• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Trigger replacement questions

mattmcg

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2007
CA
I need a bit of advice. I've never replaced or upgraded a trigger and need a bit of gunsmithing wisdom to see if I can do this myself or send it off to have done.

I have a Surgeon action in a McMillan A5 stock bedded in Marine-Tex with Badger M5 bottom metal. The trigger is a Remington tuned trigger and I'd like to replace it with a Rifle Basix.

Is it simple to swap on my own? Would I just unscrew the two hex screws, lift the barreled action and trigger out of the stock and simply replace the trigger and then put it all back together?

Re: Trigger replacement questions

Why? A Remington trigger properly tuned is a very fine trigger.

So very simple.

You pretty much nailed it, just make sure the safety is out of the way (I can't remember if it's on or off) or you'll drive the rear pin into the safety lever and bend it when you're trying to remove the trigger....ask me how I know
smile.gif

You'll need a small punch and that's about all.

It's even easier since you have the side bolt release, that's the hardest part to reassemble on a std. Rem trigger.

Ok, thanks for the advice.

Will I have any issues removing the bedded action or should this simply come out once unscrewed?

What torque setting should I use to screw the action back into the bedding?

65 in/lbs. And it very easy, just make sure you follow jasons instructions.