• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger selection

HunTY

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2023
Idaho
Looking for feedback I’m currently in the beginnings of building a 6.8 western on a Curtis custom action with a 22” carbonsix barrel curious which trigger everyone is liking and why?
Timney
Jewel
Trigger tech
Bix n’ Andy
Or ???
Thanks for any insight.

Bix and TT are really only 2 options.

Bix have the potential to feel nicer, but are also more failure prone. TT is beyond proven and will be found in like 95% of match rifles for good reason.

I run TT diamond 2 stages in everything, but have a single stage primary in a hunting rifle and its really really good.

This is the best deal out there in triggers IMO

Reactions: HunTY
We have run them all several times over. Always end up back with a Triggertech Diamond. The Tubb is also very nice.

Timney Hit gets very close to feel of a Diamond. Bix can be customized pretty will with their options. Jewell is less popular than they used to be, and I'd probably only consider them for very light triggers on bench guns.

Basically, it's hard to go wrong and will come down to personal preference.

Reactions: Modoc
Some of it is definitely preferential.

I really like the BnA tacsport 2 stage triggers. I love the adjustability (especially being able to "time" the trigger), and I love how the trigger functions. And there's options for different trigger blades and sears to optimize it to your liking and your rifle.

TT is the other obvious choice. It has less adjustability, and there's no over travel after the trigger breaks - which some love and others (like myself), don't. However many love the TT for what it offers and how it feels.

These are the two top choices. They are pretty different in how they feel and operate, so it comes down to what you prefer as a shooter.

If you want adjustability, the Tubb is awesome. Sear engagement, 1st and 2nd stage weights, and the trigger shoe is adjustable fore and aft. There is more creep in it than the TT, but it still feels great. If all you want is the weight to be adjustable, the TT Diamond two stage is really good.

I like the TT also I have a few diamonds as well as some primaries on some hunting rifles

Are R700 triggers drop-safe with the safety engaged? I think the Geissele 2-stage claimed to be safe even with the safety off, but does drop safety apply to any R700 triggers? I recall hearing some issues around that and don't know if it was just old factory triggers or the trigger design itself.

If you want adjustability, the Tubb is awesome. Sear engagement, 1st and 2nd stage weights, and the trigger shoe is adjustable fore and aft. There is more creep in it than the TT, but it still feels great. If all you want is the weight to be adjustable, the TT Diamond two stage is really good.

You may just have to do a lot of work to get the trigger to fit.

Myself, my gunsmith and even David Tubb couldn't get the trigger to work in one of my actions.

The Tubb trigger seems like a great trigger, but getting it to fit in your action may (or may not), be a potential issue.

I have all the above listed, base and top end models, plus a couple like Huber Concepts and Cadex. As of today, I would have to say that the XTSP Mk13 is still my favorite. Best shoe shape and natural location of second stage during press. Lots of adjustability. Firm safety feel and tank-like build that seems to keep oil and dust out well.

That said, they're all pretty good these days. I probably recommend TT most often.