• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger tech 2 stage compared to Sako?

USMCCOMBATVET

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2013
Dublin, OH
Anyone have experience with a trigger tech two stage to provide some insight on how the pull feels compared to a Sako TRG two stage?

What particular year trg? Can't remember the exact year but I know they made a change to the fire control group. I have both but haven't looked at what year my trg is but my trigger tech is NICE! Actually not even sure what trigger tech it is, came in the GAP ppr... That said I prefer the feel of the trigger tech but in the field I don't care and the sako actually has been there....

The pre -13 TRG trigger is adjustable below ca 2 lbs, but doing so not knowing what you are doing might lead to its destruction.

Send to Beretta to repair/replace.

Post -13 triggers can't be abused in this way and might be a bit inferior in feel.

So, if trigger weight is your reason, go for what ever trigger you want. But I dare you to find a trigger with 2 lbs pull weight that is better than the TRG's.

Thanks gents, I previously owned a TRG, loved the trigger and should have kept the gun. I'm building a new rifle and purchased the Trigger Tech 2 stage in hopes that it was somewhere close to the TRG in feel.

The Triggertech has a very short first stage. It’s a good trigger, but I think the feel is very different than the TRG. I think you can make the Bix N Andy feel closer to the TRG trigger if that is what you are after.

The Triggertech has a very short first stage. It’s a good trigger, but I think the feel is very different than the TRG. I think you can make the Bix N Andy feel closer to the TRG trigger if that is what you are after.

I don't have a Sako, but that was my gripe with the TT 2 stage I tried as well. The first stage travel is super short, with no ability to adjust it. I also think that TT was remiss in neglecting to provide the ability to adjust sear adjustment as well.

The BnA is a really adjustable trigger. Pull lengths, pull weight and sear engagement. You can get it pretty much dialed in to feel the way you want. There's different trigger shoes available as well from bulletcentral if you have a specific preference, and adjustable top sear to better marry up to your action.