• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger Tech Diamond

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Houston Texas
We went shooting is San Antonio yesterday and one of the guys at our class was using a Trigger Tech Diamond with an adjusted pull weight of about 3.5 lbs. He was using a franken AR, just something he build and had a round not properly extract. He and the instructor got the spent case out (it was torn a little by the extractor) and they hit the bolt release and the rifle discharged into the berm. About 20 minutes later, it happened again. At this point one of the instructors handed the guy one of his BCM rifles to finish the course.

The instructor thought it was an issue with the trigger but that rifle had several issues. It was suggested that the guy bring his rifle to a reputable gun smith and have him do a fit and function test. The instructor then went on a rant about cassette triggers in gas guns (he hates them, all of them).

Hmmmm. I've got TT Diamonds in 4 different rifles and I've never had a problem with any of them. I think the instructor is just prejudiced against drop-in triggers and his comments (other than a suggestion to take the franken AR to a good smith) should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope your buddy finds the "real" cause of his extraction issue. Good luck!

I have two that I’ve been playing with. I adjusted them to about 2lbs, the break is incredible but the reset, or lack of is completely foreign compared to every other ar trigger I have, G HSNM, sd-e, larue mbt, and some kind of timney drop in.

I wonder if he didn’t have the snubber screws tightened and it was letting the trigger move around in the lower? Could be a safety issue or even an issue with the lower out of spec. Who knows anymore.

I have two that I’ve been playing with. I adjusted them to about 2lbs, the break is incredible but the reset, or lack of is completely foreign compared to every other ar trigger I have, G HSNM, sd-e, larue mbt, and some kind of timney drop in.

I wonder if he didn’t have the snubber screws tightened and it was letting the trigger move around in the lower? Could be a safety issue or even an issue with the lower out of spec. Who knows anymore.
Yeah that is why I mentioned he built it. It could 100% be he did something wrong in the installation.

Run Trigger Tech units in a semi auto 338 Lapua without any problems, multiple 6.5 Grendel rifles and have trial units in several of our 416 and 417 guns. Monkey circus modified to fit and run with the firing pin interrupt in these guns, but no functional problems

Reactions: drewthebrave
Purchased a TT from Brownell's in early 2017, dropped it in a matched receiver set, and 5 years later, not a single problem to speak of.

I have 2 TT Adaptable triggers adjusted to 2lbs on 1 AR 15 and 1 308 with no problems at all.

I have a TT diamond in a 6.5cm AR, .223 and 300 blk AR's. I love them, never had an issue. I have another on the way for a 6 arc build.

I've seen that happen when the screws that tension the trigger on either side aren't run down snug.

By the way, if you remove any triggertech diamond (Maybe any other also) without loosening those snug screws you can break the trigger.)

We went shooting is San Antonio yesterday and one of the guys at our class was using a Trigger Tech Diamond with an adjusted pull weight of about 3.5 lbs. He was using a franken AR, just something he build and had a round not properly extract. He and the instructor got the spent case out (it was torn a little by the extractor) and they hit the bolt release and the rifle discharged into the berm. About 20 minutes later, it happened again. At this point one of the instructors handed the guy one of his BCM rifles to finish the course.

The instructor thought it was an issue with the trigger but that rifle had several issues. It was suggested that the guy bring his rifle to a reputable gun smith and have him do a fit and function test. The instructor then went on a rant about cassette triggers in gas guns (he hates them, all of them).
Which range?

I run these triggers at extremely high volumes, 10s of thousands of rounds, in competition and very low pull weights under 2 lbs. They can be finicky under those extreme conditions and I have broken 2 that would fail to reset or follow on reset. I think the design is superior to anything out there, but it is complicated and I think very sensitive to being damaged by debris, dirt, primer pieces etc. Trigger tech has always had great customer support. This may not be the trigger for less experienced users or builders those that aren't carefull about maintenence and installation. Still the best precision ar trigger on the market bar none.

Reactions: ut755ln
Run Trigger Tech units in a semi auto 338 Lapua without any problems, multiple 6.5 Grendel rifles and have trial units in several of our 416 and 417 guns. Monkey circus modified to fit and run with the firing pin interrupt in these guns, but no functional problems
Oh, what do you know! Lol. Thank you for the best caliber in an AR platform. I have two TTs and am going to buy a third.