• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Trigger Tuning Books

2brothers641

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2008
IA, USA
Are there any good gunsmithing books out there on trigger tuning? Maybe even just general trigger function and mechanics.

Re: Trigger Tuning Books

one manufacturer in particular? Remington 700's used to come with directions of how to adjust your trigger. If you can get your hands on that should clarify.
then again, there's something to be said for having your trigger adjusted by someone who's done it for 20 years...

I've done a few of 700s without any problems. Looking more into the mechanics of the trigger to see if the non adjustable can be made smoother. I have a refinish project going on an old winchester .22 and would like to smooth out the trigger. My boys also have a rifle that has a trigger that could use some work. Maybe some info on stoning and what to stone? I don't know, I am kind of a do it yourself person who likes to learn. Looking for some good info to learn from

I would like to have a book like that, but it may be too narrowly focused for its own hardback. Some 'smiths cut angles on sears and such things. For me, that would mean ruining an otherwise good trigger.

If you take a minute to look at the std Remington trigger, you will see a c-clip holding the safety assembly in place. Remove that and the trigger comes apart fairly easy. I have taken a couple apart and polished(not cut or filed) the internals and the results were reasonable for my skill level.