• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerCam 2.1 App Issues Affecting The Product

The4GunGuy

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2018
You know, I gave this thing a very good review on my channel, but I'm sorry, it's really a bad product after using it for sometime. I can't get the app to CONSISTANLY work if/when at all, so I'm shooting video that ends up out of focus for some reason (no, not touching diopter or parallax) and since I can't get the app to work, I'm just guessing in the dark here. So now I have to shoot video, replay it on my phone (yes, that works), then adjust focus if needed, reshoot, view, adjust until it's in focus, THEN SHOOT THE ACTUAL VIDEO I WANTED TO SHOOT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Not the experience I want.

I've spent a lot of money on this thing to get my videos right, but I think folks should now look at other options.

The app pisses me off, which i rarely use, if at all. The single biggest issue i have is, have a flashing red LED when its recording, not a beep and a blue light. It makes no sense. Flashing red is an industry standard. Not a fan of holding record button and manually turning the wifi connection on/off, which is what red flashing is.

Otherwise i do like the product and quality, just annoying.

Reactions: 96C
I agree... A simple flashing red LED on the back or side when recording would be much simpler.

After using it for a while , i have to say it needs some work .

APP is buggy, but lets say that is easiest to update in the future.
I also had it freeze once on me and it was unresponsive till battery died ..

I agree... A simple flashing red LED on the back or side when recording would be much simpler.
Yes, on the BACK of the device since to mount it on my ZCO I have to turn it to the 9:00 position and hence, hide the buttons and the lights. Light on back would really help.

Reactions: 96C