• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggercam 2.1 problems

Bruce K

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2019
My Triggercam is not working.

Received yesterday and charged the unit and installed app onto Android phone. Was able to see through the scope, but had difficult taking pictures or video as switching from one or the other via the app was inconsistent. Furthermore, the app was unable to detect battery level or some functions which were grayed out, but since I can’t connect again as the camera is locked, can’t be turned off or another selected any other function.

When I first used the camera after charging it, you’ll notice it was not able to read the battery level. https://photos.app.goo.gl/2wWKVHTUZoYzPKiJ8 Also, some functions in the app were not available, grayed out.

More pictures. https://photos.app.goo.gl/jNXhKgc7JyVCqvJm6

This morning I tried to see if perhaps the battery was being read by the app. The camera image was very dark and only the illuminated reticle was visible in front of an ocean of black. When trying to take pictures or video I noticed the camera was frozen to the point I cannot turn the unit off or change anything. The camera is also no longer connected to the Wifi and previously lost the connection when moving about the app when I first got the camera (day 1). Day 2, frozen.

I've notified the dealer and they have told me they will look into this and if the situation can't be resolved will get me a new camera. Anyone have similar problems?

Bruce

The app can be problematic - at least, that's been my experience. I find that it tends to freeze up, particularly when higher resolutions are selected. And playback speed is much slower than actual speed. Luckily, recording can be accomplished without using the app and using the buttons on the triggercam instead. I find I'm only using the app to focus and to edit settings. I hope they get this resolved.

When my camera freezes up, was your impossible to turn off? Mine is and I have to wait until the battery runs down, but you're typically done for hours or the session.

The app can be problematic - at least, that's been my experience. I find that it tends to freeze up, particularly when higher resolutions are selected. And playback speed is much slower than actual speed. Luckily, recording can be accomplished without using the app and using the buttons on the triggercam instead. I find I'm only using the app to focus and to edit settings. I hope they get this resolved.
I'm surprised but my freezing appears app related. Having to let the camera battery die to get the camera to an off state, I charged it for 10 minutes and connected
So far, mine only freezes in the app. I can still control the camera with the buttons on the side. Including turning it on and off.
There is an issue with app and the latest OS for Android. Here is a response from Triggercam.

Apologies for only responding now, I see this email came through to warranty which we only use for product registration. In future please use [email protected].

Bruce I worked through your emails, thanks for the detailed feedback. In the past 2weeks we’ve picked up several issues on the Android app due to android os updates. Our team is working on a app update which we hope to release within the next 2 weeks. (Insert SD & battery indicators) are issues under this domain.

The blue led indicator is video mode when you press power it switches to green which is photo mode. Not sure why your unit freezes, we have found in the past if customers inserts other type SD cards this might occur. We would suggest a hardware reset for this. I will send you the instructions for this in at the end of this email.

I would suggest we try a hardware reset + use the original SD card that comes with the product and see if this resolves your issue. For the app updates, please be patient with us for a few more days. We will keep you posted on that. But rest assured its not a hardware issue its an app update that is required.

Lets see how we can support you to have this resolved.

HARDWARE RESET INSTRUCTIONS

1. Ensure unit is switched off.
2. Press and hold both the power and shutter button, until the LED indicators lights up and goes off, then release the buttons.
3. After the LED indicators turned off and you released the buttons you have a succesful reset.

Very important to keep pressing until lights switch on and off again. It takes a few seconds.

Let me know if you manage.

All of the best.
FR

Reactions: fxdrider
My response from today, Augyust 18th.

It appears the Android OS and app is the issue. Uninstalling the app helped, however, after trying the camera again it worked for a while, but I left it on to take care of something coming back a half hour later or so and found the camera frozen again. Waiting for the battery to discharged I charged it back up, reset it per your instructions below and tried it again. It seems to be working with the exception of the known issues that some functions within the app don’t work, ie: not limited to the battery level.

I will hold off returning the camera until the app update is available and tested on my phone.

Thank you again for your assistance.

When my camera freezes up, was your impossible to turn off? Mine is and I have to wait until the battery runs down, but you're typically done for hours or the session.
Mine did this too but I held the power button down for a long time (maybe 30 seconds) and it forced it to shutdown. Hope this helps.

Not to hijack thread but anyone have recommendations for what video resolution to record with that works best? And any certain settings to use? There were a lot of options to pick from. Thanks.

You know, I gave this thing a very good review on my channel, but I'm sorry, it's really a bad product after using it for sometime. I can't get the app to CONSISTANLY work and so I'm shooting video that ends up out of focus for some reason (no, not touching diopter or parallax) and since I can't get the app to work, I'm just guessing in the dark here. I've spent a lot of money on this thing to get my videos right, but I think folks should now look at other options.

I haven't used mine at the range since I updated the app. I will post results when I do.

Just tried installing my triggercam on my rifle and it would line up with the scope correctly (cocked) tried it on 3 rifles and only one would simply slide on like they say it will . I did get it to show most of the crosshairs by leaving it back off the scope . Anyone else have this problem

Just tried installing my triggercam on my rifle and it would line up with the scope correctly (cocked) tried it on 3 rifles and only one would simply slide on like they say it will . I did get it to show most of the crosshairs by leaving it back off the scope . Anyone else have this problem
Have a pic? Mine couldn’t be easier to use and fits any scope the collars fit without issue

You know, I gave this thing a very good review on my channel, but I'm sorry, it's really a bad product after using it for sometime. I can't get the app to CONSISTANLY work and so I'm shooting video that ends up out of focus for some reason (no, not touching diopter or parallax) and since I can't get the app to work, I'm just guessing in the dark here. I've spent a lot of money on this thing to get my videos right, but I think folks should now look at other options.
I finally reached out to TriggerCam after my battery would no longer keep a charge and they sent me one via DHL in 3 days. Andre took care of me and the new unit seems to be working fine as well as the mobile app now. Reach out to them...They will put things right.

Have a pic? Mine couldn’t be easier to use and fits any scope the collars fit without issue
Slid all the way up and screw tightened up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230103_193527_TRIGGERCAM 21.jpg
    Screenshot_20230103_193527_TRIGGERCAM 21.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 65
With it slid back off the scope scope is a vortex hst it also did it with my leupold vx3 8.5x25

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230103_193514_TRIGGERCAM 21.jpg
    Screenshot_20230103_193514_TRIGGERCAM 21.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 69
I'm emailing back and forth with the manufacturer now to try to solve this
You may need to go to the old black electrical tape fix and use the larger collar...Not great, but it works. Just use two bands of black tape, not one.

Same issues here.. worked fine for a couple uses.. then just doesn’t work or respond with or without the app. Tried reinstalling the app tried the hardware reset multiple times tried pretty much everything. Reach out to customer support and they recommend I do a hardware reset which I have done a few times. Pretty bummed because it did work great those couple of times. Hopefully they respond with another solution.

Reactions: Countrykang8
Same issues here.. worked fine for a couple uses.. then just doesn’t work or respond with or without the app. Tried reinstalling the app tried the hardware reset multiple times tried pretty much everything. Reach out to customer support and they recommend I do a hardware reset which I have done a few times. Pretty bummed because it did work great those couple of times. Hopefully they respond with another solution.
When the battery stopped charging I emailed them and they sent a new one that day. The new one works great, with one exception; If you're gonna mount on a ZCO scope, you'll need a longer screw to tighten it on the scope since the new one had a shorter screw...As my Mom used to say "It's always something".

Anyone have issues with triggercam when its cold outside? It was about 30f at the range this eve. It recorded the 1st video then blinked and acted weird. Came home and looking in the manual it was acting like there was no SD card installed.

ours never really worked well but I spent the money on it so I kept trying rubber bands and plastic to wrap the area between the scope lens and unit but light always got in or every video was of my eye ball never through the scope

What other options are there?

Bought my TriggerCam 2.1 directly from SA. First day it arrived it wouldn’t charge and hasn’t held charge since. Has been an expensive paperweight for the past two weeks. Have tried all the solutions they said such as reset, charge off different devices, clear SD card etc but it doesn’t work. They have just stopped replying now after I mentioned I wanted a replacement. The product and the customer service has been 0/10

I'm having the same issues.