• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggered - Loaded gun in the house versus ???

frank320

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
My mother-in-law is staying at my place for a couple of weeks. Once in a while she will comment: "Isn't it dangerous having loaded guns in the house? You have so many guns, isn't it dangerous having them around your son?". I just ignore these comments. My son knows more about gun safety than most.

What triggered me? She proceeds to leave her stuff on and around the staircase, like her handbag, photos, etc... basically setting up a staircase "slip trap" to break a leg or neck.

I will bet more people get hurt, maimed or die slipping/falling off staircases due to being lazy and leaving shit on staircases than having loaded guns in the house.

The stupidity.... know more of these mundane things that folks do that are just plain dumb and dangerous in the house, then proceed to call having a loaded gun in the house dangerous?

Reactions: diverdon
My hardcore leftist mother inlaw was a 4th degree blackbelt in Martial Arts. She bitched about having weapons in the house - while collecting and practicing with edged weapons. When I mentioned that she could kill somebody with those weapons just like a gun can - she said it was different... because SHE was holding the weapon. My statement of "Hypocrite much?" was met with some real hate. LOL

My hardcore leftist mother inlaw was a 4th degree blackbelt in Martial Arts. She bitched about having weapons in the house - while collecting and practicing with edged weapons. When I mentioned that she could kill somebody with those weapons just like a gun can - she said it was different... because SHE was holding the weapon. My statement of "Hypocrite much?" was met with some real hate. LOL
When not in use, did she run all the edged weapons to a grinder, to render them "unloaded" for "safety?"

You should take a shit in her purse.
IMG_3727.gif

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
I did stop keeping the 10 pounder cannon in my living room loaded with double canister when my Savannah’s figured out how to use friction primers.

Hey, you never know when you might come up against a gang of burglars who need a full bore canister shot.

Just ‘sayin.

Sirhr
HOLY SHIT! Your cats are way smarter than mine! My orange cat can't even work the bolt on a rifle. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Maggot
Built an in law suite for my MIL . She has been trained well . Doesn't bat an eye at the .45 on my hip or me pulling out firepower for the range . Personally she's uneasy around firearms and understands our house . Her Daughter and SIL are municipal cops and her nephew carries . She is surrounded by firearms . And safe .

My ex is anti gun. Never mind the fact that her dad hunted during her childhood to put meat on the table. My took my 1911 and loaded it. I slapped the fuck out of it and cussed it out. I then poured a beer over it. I placed it on the table and it did not do shit! Damn lazy assed gun.

My MIL carries a fixed blade. Complains about the 9mm Smith she sold me, wishing she kept it.
Still has her snubby though. She's 83.
She's a mean old redhead from Texas. Draw your own conclusions. Very stabby.

My ex is anti gun. Never mind the fact that her dad hunted during her childhood to put meat on the table. My took my 1911 and loaded it. I slapped the fuck out of it and cussed it out. I then poured a beer over it. I placed it on the table and it did not do shit! Damn lazy assed gun.
Only assholes waste beer, unless of course it was a bud.