• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggers for AICS?

CleverName

Private
Minuteman
Hi, sorry if this isn't the right sub-forum for this. I tried looking through search, but no dice either.

I have a Remington 700 in an AICS. I'm finding the trigger (X-Mark Pro) doesn't fill out enough of the trigger guard for me - part of my finger hangs off of the trigger unless I try hard to move it up, and it feels unnatural to do so. I'm sure if I fire it enough I'd start to build up a blister there. Are there any triggers with adjustable shoes, or just hang down more, that would allow me to not have my finger dangling half off the trigger?

Re: Triggers for AICS?

Does the AICS still need to be inlet to fit the new trigger?

Also, I wouldn't mind a more... economical option, I'm not looking at a lot of funding coming in this next few months.

The Huber isn't an economical option, but it is a fantastic trigger. If you're going to keep this gun a long time and shoot the dog shit out of it, I'd put a nice trigger in now and not have to worry about it. Rifle Basix is always an option too. Certainly more economical than the Huber and better than the trigger you have now.

Economical? How about some of the cheaper 700 replacement triggers? Not much if any of the chassis needs to be opened up for another trigger. Shilen?? I like shilens and theyre one of the cheapest available.
I had only known a Jewel needed modification to be accepted.

I just put a CG Jackson mod 22 in a 700/aics gun. It is a nice trigger for sure. There was no issues dropping into the chassis but there was some filework necessary to eliminate a clearance issue in the top rear of the trigger. There was no way the pins were going in without a little finesse. After some careful fitting to the reciever, the bbl'd action dropped right in the chassis.

Pricey but nice.

ALSO a big+1 for their customer service. When the thing wouldnt drop right in I made a call...Got the Owner. He said if it wouldnt work for me I could send either the trigger, the trigger and the action, or the whole damn gun on his dime and he would either repair or replace their product even though the tolerance problem was likely in the reciever specs rather than the trigger. He said he would next day me a trigger if need be. DAMN FINE CS if you ask me.

i have two Jewell triggers in AICS stocks. i got them to fit simply by filing a couple of rivets/pins narrower.

I have the Mod 21 CG 2 stage trigger. Though I havnet tried the Mod 22 or the Huber Concepts trigger, I personally find the adjustability of the Mod 21 to be ideal for the AICS platform. Many shooters complain that the trigger shoe is located to close to the web of the stock. For me, this made it more difficult to build a good position to have a "straight back" trigger pull on my AICS. The adjustabily shoe position allows me to move the trigger shoe forward and resolve this issue. Something to think about...