• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Triggers

freebird63

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
Boise, Idaho USA
Who makes the best triggers??? talking about smooth and crisp and not too expensive. Been thinking about a Jewell, are there better ones out there????
It will be for my Sendero 300RUM

Re: Triggers

Well, "the best" is going to be a hard one to answer, but Ill try.

Assuming we are talking about a tactical rifle. Jewell makes a fine trigger, but I hate it and would never buy one. First of all, they cost more than they are worth IMHO. Second, I cant stand the narrow trigger shoe, just not for me. And third, I have seen my fair share of Jewells get suck when we were shooting in the desert on a windy day due to dust/sand being blown into them. So IMHO, Jewell is not a great choice for a tactical rig.

I tried an adjusted old style rem trigger, but didnt like the pull weight to be honest so that was out for me. I bought and tried a rifle basix, and sent it back the next day, thats all Ill say. Shillen was not in stock for me to try so cant comment there.

I finally tried a Timney and thats what I now use on all of my rifles. The trigger shoe is nice and wide, it can run dirty as hell and not get stuck, and the price is right! ($130ish) I have the nickel plated model on my rifles and they clean real easy, (when I actually do clean them that is)

Again, the above is just IMO, YMMV.

I like the Timney too but if you don't or can't adjust the bolt release button right you'll hate it. I really like the wide serrated trigger shoe, it feel nice on my finger so I tend to use a lot of Timney's.

I like the way the Jewell shoots a lot, it's almost like telekenesis using that trigger, it handles like a fine European motorcycle. But I can't get past the thin trigger shoe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ares</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why did you send Rifle Basix back? </div></div>

Because even after it was adjusted, it was still crap IMHO, doesnt say quality when you look at it or use it.