• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggers

Hotchkiss

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2021
Europe
What is you'r experience about triggers?
I would like a remington 700 triggersystem that is very reliably.
Alternatively any other triggersystem for any other gun than 700?
Is there any system out there that is more reliable than others?

I have both Triggertech and Bix'n andy and I love both, but I actually have had both failing on me.
I am not particular fond of the idea that TT's warranty is voided if the trigger is opened.

So any ideas when it comes to ultrareliability?

My Tubb T7T has been flawless for thousands of rounds. Depending on your stock or chassis it may need inletted to fit the trigger.

Maybe take a look at the Dakota trigger from BnA.

Timneys. You can't beat em. I've had too many failures on triggertech and jewel. Jewel are also too skinny for me.

Timneys 532CE (2stage) are great, have a few. The new HIT is also damn impressive. Bit expensive, and the curve is weird to get used to, but great.

Alot depends on your definition of reliability. You can define it as consistency in pull weight or as safe-to-carry or as user-adjustable. A properly-tuned Remington 700 (Walker) or 40x trigger is very consistent and safe, despite claims otherwise. You won't get it under 2lbs, but it doesn't need ultra-light weight for a non-competition rifle.

Alot also depends on what you prefer. Do you prefer a curved or flat trigger? Grooved or smooth? Single or 2-stage?

That being said, I have swapped the 40x from the 300wm and had Mike R swap his trigger (40x) in my Lima 51 over to Geissele 2 stage. 12oz 1st stage with an overall break at just under 2lbs that is as crisp and consistent as it gets. Run the bolt as fast/hard as you want and it is safe. Passes all the tests for safety and reliability for me. I tried a Trigger Tech 2-stage and the break was mushy in comparison and adjustability is absent in comparison to Geissele. Adjustable 1st and 2nd stage weights, sear engagement (creep) and overtravel but I only ever adjusted the weights. They came from Geissele perfect for sear engagement and overtravel. And by the way, you can adjust it into a nice single-stage.

I put a Jewel in a 700 5R in .308 (eastern whitetail gun).

I like it a lot. Consistent and so far no issues.

This is a single stage trigger.

I second the above about the geissele. I run the two stage - never adjusted. Super crisp break, no reliability issues, and they have a pre-adjusted single stage model if that's your jam.

What is you'r experience about triggers?
I would like a remington 700 triggersystem that is very reliably.
Alternatively any other triggersystem for any other gun than 700?
Is there any system out there that is more reliable than others?

I have both Triggertech and Bix'n andy and I love both, but I actually have had both failing on me.
I am not particular fond of the idea that TT's warranty is voided if the trigger is opened.

So any ideas when it comes to ultrareliability?
I run old wide-shoe Rem/Walker triggers that I worked-over and adjusted myself. They're safe, have a light pull with ZERO creep or take-up. I've been doing my own for over 20 years, so if you're not experienced, I would have a professional do it.

I have a Timney CE. I’ve had it a few years and it has done great for me set at 1lb. I know it’s a little old school with all the new offerings, but it just keeps working and working. I’m very happy with it.

I have had Huber, TT, and Geissele. All have been reliable. I prefer the TT due to the adjustability.

Reactions: Stoweit
I prefer the TT due to the adjustability.
Could you clarify this, please? The TT single and 2-stage triggers I have had have had adjustment for pull weight(s) only.

A Remington Walker trigger has adjustment for pull weight, overtravel and sear engagement.
A Geissele, Jewell or Timney CE have the same adjustments as a Remington Walker but the 2-stage triggers have adjustments for both stage weights.
I never used a Huber.

I have timmeny in my 700s. I can’t say they are the best but they are easy to install if it is a DIY. The trigger instal is 2 mins plus the mounting to the stock. Been very happy with the three I have.

Could you clarify this, please? The TT single and 2-stage triggers I have had have had adjustment for pull weight(s) only.

A Remington Walker trigger has adjustment for pull weight, overtravel and sear engagement.
A Geissele, Jewell or Timney CE have the same adjustments as a Remington Walker but the 2-stage triggers have adjustments for both stage weights.
I never used a Huber.
Pull weights. The Geissele I've used were two stage non adjustable.

SSA-E in my ARs. They are non adjustable. Have never tried a Geissele in a bolt gun.
Ah. There is the difference. A Geissele Super 700 for a Rem700 or clone is a different animal by far from any AR trigger. Just like a Timney AR trigger is different from their bolt gun triggers.

As for AR triggers, the Geissele HiSpeed is quite adjustable and quite a nice bit of gear.