• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggers

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Looking to upgrade my Remington 700. I have one with a Timney which I like, and one with a Jard which is just ok. Ive heard a lot about the Triggertech, especially the Diamond. Im no great shooter so would it be worth the extra $$$ for the Diamond over the Primary? I know its subjective but has anyone tried both? Other suggestions?

Depends on how light you want your trigger pull to be. That’s the difference between the two. The Special is right in the middle between them both.

Timney or trigger tech you won't be mad you got either .

The Specials are pretty good, too. I think it depends on how low you want to go on your pull weight. You'll find good deals closer to Black Friday.

I've owned TT's but I prefer BnA Tacsports in 2 stage.
    Just did some reading on them. Im not mechanically minded and tend to screw up fine work. This guy convinced me:

...Called BC and told them all my issues. they ensured me there was nothing wrong with the trigger, i just didn't have it tuned properly. which is probably correct. so i'm just going to admit maybe i'm too stupid to own a BnA. but if a 16th of a turn on a tiny set screw or a little bit of moisture is the difference between a dead/dangerous trigger then count me out. that's just my personal story with a BnA. i know a lot of guys who run them with no problems, and i've also seen/heard of a handful going down mid-match just like mine.

I think Ill keep it to minimal adjustments and simplicity.

Looking to upgrade my Remington 700. I have one with a Timney which I like, and one with a Jard which is just ok. Ive heard a lot about the Triggertech, especially the Diamond. Im no great shooter so would it be worth the extra $$$ for the Diamond over the Primary? I know its subjective but has anyone tried both? Other suggestions?
    Dude, I have owned all the big brands (other than a B&A), and I have 2 TriggerTechs... Honestly, I would buy TriggerTechs from now on, and not even fool with the other brands. They don't need any sear, creep, or overtravel adjusted...They're perfect from the factory, and SUPER crisp break. And it has a simple externally adjustable detented allen screw to adjust pull weight. My Ridgeline is set around 2.5 lbs. and it's perfect for a hunting rifle, especially if you're wearing gloves to avoid a premature AD. But it's still light and crisp enough to shoot really precise groups with it off the bench. I'll probably order a few more in the future, that drop down to 1 or 1.5 lbs for my range rifles.

Reactions: larryh128
    I've got several Diamond triggers and a couple of Specials. Honestly, the Specials are probably the better value - light and crisp. But if you want to get really light, then the Diamond gets you there.

Just did some reading on them. Im not mechanically minded and tend to screw up fine work. This guy convinced me:

...Called BC and told them all my issues. they ensured me there was nothing wrong with the trigger, i just didn't have it tuned properly. which is probably correct. so i'm just going to admit maybe i'm too stupid to own a BnA. but if a 16th of a turn on a tiny set screw or a little bit of moisture is the difference between a dead/dangerous trigger then count me out. that's just my personal story with a BnA. i know a lot of guys who run them with no problems, and i've also seen/heard of a handful going down mid-match just like mine.

I think Ill keep it to minimal adjustments and simplicity.

Fair enough.

They aren't hard to adjust, but if all you want to do is drop a trigger in without making adjustments, they aren't for you.

What I like about the BnA triggers is that minor adjustments can make some very big differences in how the action "feels" - timing the sear engagement to the action will make the bolt lift and close as light as possible while still being reliable.

TT's are pretty decent. I don't like the wide trigger blade (personal preference), and they won't be timed to your action. If anything, there will be excess sear engagement to avoid liabilities. Some people don't mind this, but it bothers me. A TT can be timed, but if it was me I would send it off to a gunsmith to do so.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Maggot
    i know it might seem obvious but don't forget about bolt release when looking at a TT Diamond

I run TT in every model they make a trigger for. I have one diamond 2 stage, but have started picking up special 2 stages. I don't need them to go down as far as the diamonds go, so it saves some money getting the special. If you haven't felt a TT before you will love the special and more than likely will think the special goes down to scary lightweight.

I've felt a few different oz weight triggers, jard, BnA, Timney, etc., and I love the TT above all. Zero creep, zero over travel, and they go as light as I need them to.

I run TT in every model they make a trigger for. I have one diamond 2 stage, but have started picking up special 2 stages. I don't need them to go down as far as the diamonds go, so it saves some money getting the special. If you haven't felt a TT before you will love the special and more than likely will think the special goes down to scary lightweight.

I've felt a few different oz weight triggers, jard, BnA, Timney, etc., and I love the TT above all. Zero creep, zero over travel, and they go as light as I need them to.

I actually like over-travel.

I think it helps with trigger discipline.

Reactions: b6graham
    I actually like over-travel.

I think it helps with trigger discipline.
    I think triggers are different to every person. Not everyone likes the same food, clothing, beverage, music, etc., that's why we have some so many options. I don't think there's one trigger that will suit everyone, I just believe for my needs and requirements, TT checks all my boxes. Your case in point in liking over-travel.

Not trying to be smart by any means, but genuinely curios as to how it helps with trigger discipline? Imo once a trigger breaks it really doesn't matter how much farther it travels as to coming off and manipulating the bolt to be ready to send another.

Reactions: kthomas
    I think triggers are different to every person. Not everyone likes the same food, clothing, beverage, music, etc., that's why we have some so many options. I don't think there's one trigger that will suit everyone, I just believe for my needs and requirements, TT checks all my boxes. Your case in point in liking over-travel.

Not trying to be smart by any means, but genuinely curios as to how it helps with trigger discipline? Imo once a trigger breaks it really doesn't matter how much farther it travels as to coming off and manipulating the bolt to be ready to send another.

I like that it consciously makes me go past the break or "wall" of the trigger. I can consciously continue to apply direct rearward pressure on the trigger (follow through) while not applying any undue pressure side to side.

Triggers are definitely subjective. In no way am I applying that the BnA is the best trigger for everyone. But it's the best for me, and I've provided my reasoning into why its become my preference to provide some context to the OP.

I like that it consciously makes me go past the break or "wall" of the trigger. I can consciously continue to apply direct rearward pressure on the trigger (follow through) while not applying any undue pressure side to side.

Triggers are definitely subjective. In no way am I applying that the BnA is the best trigger for everyone. But it's the best for me, and I've provided my reasoning into why its become my preference to provide some context to the OP.
    Thanks for the reply! Definitely makes sense. Like we've both said, until someone gets time on a bunch of different triggers, it's not easy to decide what's best for THEM. We can just make suggestions and explain why it works for us.

Someone might find one that they love and think it's the only one, just to try something down the road that's been out longer and like it better! Hahaha. In the world of firearms, things are always changing and people are always trying to make a better mouse trap.

Reactions: kthomas
    I have a Jewell and TT 2 stage. Both are fine triggers, but I now prefer 2 stage triggers so the TT is my favorite.

Life is short, go top shelf with triggers. Besides, in the grand scheme of things, there’s really nothing else that’s as impactful as a nice trigger, and looking at them that way, compared to the cost of a fancier scope/chassis/etc they’re almost a bargain.

I use/recommend a TT Diamond, some are as good, none are better.

Reactions: cm1021
    I have two Bix 'n Andy Tac Sport Pro triggers in Impact Precision actions/rifles. Mine are single stage adjusted to just under 2 pounds, and prior to selecting the Bix triggers, I searched the "reliability" of various brands. At the time, Bix n' Andy had one of the best reputations for trouble free service. If you want top shelf, these are contenders.