• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech 2-Stage Trigger - I'm stoked!

Do you know what is the pull weight of the 2 stage diamond version?
I know as much as you do, I just saw this and was elated that they saw the light, not that their current offerings weren't all great but the 2 stage will put the icing on the cake. As to will they suck? Their "lower end" so far is still miles above all else that is out there, and you don't have to yank the action out of the stock to adjust the trigger to boot that alone has been worth it to me.

I've used a Calvin Elite single stage and am now running a Diamond. I'd say there's a significant enough difference between the two to be noticeable, in that the TriggerTech has absolutely zero creep, take up, or overtravel to the level that I'm capable of perceiving.

Do you know what is the pull weight of the 2 stage diamond version?
Just found an update on your question.
https://www.firearmrack.com/triggertech-shot-show-2019/
"...while the Diamond is a two stage, adjustable 4oz to 32oz trigger. ", although this article only mentions the Special and the Diamond while the interview clearly had Mats from Triggertech stating that all three Rem700 offerings Primary, Special, and Diamond will be available as Two Stage come Q2.

Reactions: DrewC and radonkun
Just found an update on your question.
https://www.firearmrack.com/triggertech-shot-show-2019/
"...while the Diamond is a two stage, adjustable 4oz to 32oz trigger. ", although this article only mentions the Special and the Diamond while the interview clearly had Mats from Triggertech stating that all three Rem700 offerings Primary, Special, and Diamond will be available as Two Stage come Q2.
Thanks for helping, let's wait for Q2. I love their single stage diamond. Owned 2, never disappointed.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
I’ve been running a Timmey CE 2 stage for a couple years. It’s been okay for me, but haven’t been terribly impressed with it. There’s just a little perceptible creep after the wall. Up until now, it hasn’t been bad enough to swap out though..

That being said, I’m pretty excited to try out this Triggertech...

I usually prefer 2 stage. I finally picked up a diamond flat shoe. It’s exceptionally nice.

Timney isn’t even on the same planet as triggertech.

Timney is a good budget trigger, but it’s no triggertech, Huber, xtreme, etc etc.

I'll second this statement. I have been using the basic Timney triggers for a long time and have been happy. I recently bought a MPA BA rifle that had a TT on it.... it is hard to even know where to describe the difference. I thought my Timney's were pretty darn good, Now I wish I had the funds to swap them all out to TT.

I don’t see the trigger tech triggers as being any better than Timney triggers. I have Timmy CE two stage and CE single stage triggers. Both are better than the trigger tech special which I sold. I think a Romney 510 is just as good as a trigger tech special. I haven’t tried the diamond yet. I would like to try the new two stage triggers because buying, trying, and selling is what I do. Lol

I don’t see the trigger tech triggers as being any better than Timney triggers. I have Timmy CE two stage and CE single stage triggers. Both are better than the trigger tech special which I sold. I think a Romney 510 is just as good as a trigger tech special. I haven’t tried the diamond yet. I would like to try the new two stage triggers because buying, trying, and selling is what I do. Lol

I'm not impressed with my CE trigger, it has some creep in it. That is the last timney I will buy.

Reactions: Darayavaus
Curious to see what adjustment capabilities will come with the trigger tech 2 stage.

For current 2 stage triggers, IMO the BnA is king, a lot of that due to the adjustability, including sear engagement.

I've been to a few desert shoots now and the only trigger I have not seen needing replacement were the TriggerTech triggers. I can't imagine that their 2-stage Diamond would be any less reliable than the single stage, but the proof will be in the pudding. They just released their new AR Diamond trigger, hopefully the Remington 700 2-stage Diamond, Special, and Primary won't be far behind. Q2 can mean anything from now until July.

These look like winners. Hope they are out soon. Getting a build ready and want to go this route.

Reactions: cozmacozmy
I put in a call to TriggerTech today regarding the release date. No response yet, but I'll report back if and when I get an answer.

I put in a call to TriggerTech today regarding the release date. No response yet, but I'll report back if and when I get an answer.

Mile high is taking pre-order for “summer release.”

I’m sure that’s the best you’re going to get up until very close to release.

I got to play with them at SHOT show. I'll be swapping out my triggers to two stage TT. They were every bit as nice as the single stage TT. I didn't need the adjustment of the Diamonds, so I am glad to see that they are offering them in Special. I've shot Diamond, Special, Timney, CE, and Huber. The TT was best, followed by Huber, IMO. All of them were nice though.

I was stoked and waited but "summer release" isn't Q2 and in the meantime I hooked up another project with a TT Special single stage, I won't be switching that one out any time soon now. An update on their statement from TT would've been nice. A simple "it's gonna be delayed" would have sufficed.

Do you mean Mile High Shooting Accessories? I don't see the 2 stage TriggerTechs on their site. I looked under triggers and TriggerTech, but I only see the single stage triggers.

Do you mean Mile High Shooting Accessories? I don't see the 2 stage TriggerTechs on their site. I looked under triggers and TriggerTech, but I only see the single stage triggers.

Call them. I’m on list, but had to call.

I was stoked and waited but "summer release" isn't Q2 and in the meantime I hooked up another project with a TT Special single stage, I won't be switching that one out any time soon now. An update on their statement from TT would've been nice. A simple "it's gonna be delayed" would have sufficed.

Q2 includes all of June. They haven’t missed q2 yet....

I have a timney Calvin elite two stage trigger and there is overtravel or creep after the wall. The trigger also wobbles side to side. I bought this as a demo version off of optics planet. Probably will give trigger tech a try instead.

I have a timney Calvin elite two stage trigger and there is overtravel or creep after the wall. The trigger also wobbles side to side. I bought this as a demo version off of optics planet. Probably will give trigger tech a try instead.

If you’re talking about the entire trigger moving side to side a bit, that’s normal. Every trigger (triggertech, AI, Huber, etc) has some side to side play in them.

You can actually use this to your advantage. If you notice the play isn’t there when you move your finger a little, you’re pulling or pushing the trigger left or rifht.

Tag...I played with a diamond today and all 3 of my bix n Andy’s will be replaced with the 2 stage TTDs when released

Reactions: stilesg57
Was it a 2 stage Diamong, or single stage, and may I ask where?

Was it a 2 stage Diamong, or single stage, and may I ask where?

it was a diamond single stage(2 stage is not out yet)and its a buddy of mine...hes building an 6BR on a atlas tactical action in a grayboe stock....zero creep zero over travel.

Here's a quick video I took that really highlights the fact that the trigger has zero creep.

You can see my finger compress, but if you look at the bottom edge of the trigger shoe it doesn't move at all before the break.

Reactions: HCICVOGT
I want to have Vudoo install one on my new V22, and asked what they heard. They said, as a dealer, they don't even have the option of preordering them yet. So, they called, and were told that TriggerTech is still working with prototypes, and they don't expect anything to be ready until late summer or early fall. That is disappointing to me, and I am sure others.

The only reason I have a TT Diamond in my new build is because their two stage triggers haven't been released yet.