• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggertech Diamond consistency issue

dtibbals

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2009
Forney, TX
Hey guys I just installed a new Triggertech diamond into my GAP which has had a Timney Calvin Elite which has been great.

Issue I have is the diamond is all over the place on pull weight. Any idea why? Is this normal? I’m looking for 8oz and it’s super inconsistent. It’s ranging from 9.6oz on high to 5.3oz on low end. The instructions don’t have any details as potential issues etc so thought I would ask you guys.
FB6B6C12-3BF6-4A7D-AF29-D2141B58F3C8.jpeg

Reactions: Lynn313
That is strange.
They have always been very consistent when setting them, usually a few tenths of an ounce over 5 pulls.
My technique may account for some of that.

R

I put my Calvin Elite back in and it’s within 5 tenths of an oz consistent. I guess if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Ugh
AEB57CCA-3261-4939-804F-360803A0E15E.jpeg

How much for the diamond?.... Lol

R
It’s going back to midway USA. I did send triggertech an email with pic and video, they are closed Monday for a holiday. I’ll give them till the end of the week to resolve or I’ll send it back to Midway USA as defective. I want it to work!

Reactions: Rthur
Are you pulling the trigger in the same spot each time? Ive notice that pull weights vary depending on where i pull on the trigger

Reactions: shotdown
Hey guys I just installed a new Triggertech diamond into my GAP which has had a Timney Calvin Elite which has been great.

Issue I have is the diamond is all over the place on pull weight. Any idea why? Is this normal? I’m looking for 8oz and it’s super inconsistent. It’s ranging from 9.6oz on high to 5.3oz on low end. The instructions don’t have any details as potential issues etc so thought I would ask you guys.
View attachment 7123875
Did you get this resolved @dtibbals? I'm having the same issue with a triggertech primary?

Reactions: Lynn313
If you do not receive satisfactory response from midway, contact trigger tech directly. I recently had and issue with my triggertech. They requested a photo of the trigger ser. # and a photo of proof that i am mailing it back (receipt was sufficient), the then put a new trigger in the mail on the same day. Returns go to Alabama, new trigger comes from Canada, took seven business days. I missed a shoot, but honestly, I should have a second trigger on hand for just such incidents. "two is one and one is none". Everybody makes lemons from time to time. While the situation is less than favorable, the old trigger can be dropped back in and you can rock and roll till a replacement shows up.

I am completely satisfied with exchange. The fella that helped me, goes by Ed. Extremely helpful man and excellent customer service with great communication. For all I know, Ed might own the damn company, but he sure is a cool cat.

If you do not receive satisfactory response from midway, contact trigger tech directly. I recently had and issue with my triggertech. They requested a photo of the trigger ser. # and a photo of proof that i am mailing it back (receipt was sufficient), the then put a new trigger in the mail on the same day. Returns go to Alabama, new trigger comes from Canada, took seven business days. I missed a shoot, but honestly, I should have a second trigger on hand for just such incidents. "two is one and one is none". Everybody makes lemons from time to time. While the situation is less than favorable, the old trigger can be dropped back in and you can rock and roll till a replacement shows up.

I am completely satisfied with exchange. The fella that helped me, goes by Ed. Extremely helpful man and excellent customer service with great communication. For all I know, Ed might own the damn company, but he sure is a cool cat.
I'm in Australia unfortunately so it's going to take a while to resolve/replace unfortunately. Out of curiosity what issue did you have with yours?

I'm in Australia unfortunately so it's going to take a while to resolve/replace unfortunately. Out of curiosity what issue did you have with yours?
I have the primary. the safety locked in the "fire" position and would not budge.

even living in Australia, I'd still give Trigger Tech a direct call if you do not reach a satisfactory outcome with midway