• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggertech Diamond in R700 5r

calcutta250

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2020
I have read that the Triggertech Diamond series are for cloned actions because in stock R700 actions there could be binding.
Have any of you used the Triggertech Diamond series in a stock .308 R700 5r? Mine is from around 2011. If you have did you modify it to fit properly or is it just a terrible idea.
This is for a bench gun.
Thanks.

how you going to handle the bolt release?
So this was kind of why I created this.
So the only reason this won’t work is because of the bolt release? Is the binding that Triggertech talks about due to tolerancing of Remington actions? Or is it solely because there isn’t a bolt release mechanism?

Also I would like to include that I have purchased an Elftmann trigger. But if I could get the Triggertech into my stock action I might consider that. Even if it includes filing a tough off areas.

Hey Calcutta250, maybe you mean timed, instead of bind?

A timed action means that when you push the bolt forward, the first thing that makes contact between the bolt and action is the primary extraction cam. Only when you close the bolt, does the cocking piece make contact with the trigger sear in a gentle-ish way. Since some Remingtons are not timed, when you push the bolt forward, the cocking piece makes contact with the trigger sear BEFORE the primary extraction cam does. This is bad because when you close the bolt rapidly, the cocking piece hits the trigger sear hard. Since the trigger can be set very light on a TriggerTech diamond, the trigger can release due to the shock.

I think a easy way to check if your action is timed or not (trigger specific, thus you need to install the trigger to try this), is to close the bolt, and then lift it up all the way to the top, but do not pull it back. Then close the bolt again. If your striker is cocked, then the action should be timed, if not and you have to pull the bolt slightly back in order for it to cock, then the action is not timed for that trigger.

This is just my own understanding of what is going on, maybe somebody else can correct me if I am wrong since I am not a gun smith and fairly new to Remington 700 actions.