• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggertech diamond issues. HELP

flynlow3

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
IL, EFFINGHAM
I just got a brand new trigger tech diamond single stage trigger. I installed it on my badger ordnance m2013 rifle. When you run the bolt fast or slow, the rifle will not cock. Just let's the firing pin drop when locking it. I removed the trigger and put the timney hit back in it and it works fine. I took the trigger tech back out and installed it in my remington 700. The bolt will cock if run slow and gentle but if you cycle quickly at all it drops the firing pin. That's two rifles it does not work in. Is there a solution? Am I doing something wrong? I've installed properly 40 triggers with no issues until now. I called triggertech and left a message yesterday but did not get a call back and it's now the weekend and this is eating away at me.

Ya depending on the action if the pull weight is to low it doesn't work properly. turn the pull weight up until it works properly.

I hd the same thing happen with a diamond ss in a rem 700. Switched to timney in that rifle. Run tt in other rifles with no issue.

I did not know they couldn't be installed on custom remington 700's. My 700 is from HSS. My other tt diamonds are on 700 5r mil specs and work.... do I need to remove them?

Ok I just remembered reading this and wasn’t sure of the reasons

The TriggerTech Diamond Rem 700 Trigger (for cloned actions only)

They make the TT special ( has bolt release) to work on Remington 700s. The Diamond is not set up for the factory gun.

This triggertech diamond was intended for my badger m2013. No a remington 700. When installed, it wouldn't catch the firing pin. So I pulled another rifle out and tried it in the 700. When I had issues in it as well, I figured either I was doing something wrong or it was the trigger. My badger had a 2 stage triggertech in it prior that a friend of mine begged away from me so I was going to go with the red single stage diamond. I've had no issues with any of my triggertech triggers and I have a lot. 16 or so. I was hoping this was an easy fix i haven't heard about. I'll reach out to T.T.

Thanks you for all the info

Jeff

Dang let me know what you find out I'm curious now because I'm building a custom 22bra with a bat hammerhead action and using tt diamond ss. Now I'm scared lol

Reactions: flynlow3
Dang let me know what you find out I'm curious now because I'm building a custom 22bra with a bat hammerhead action and using tt diamond ss. Now I'm scared lol
Ryan at triggertech helped me do troubleshooting over the phone. Checking lock timing, specing the trigger channel ect. We are unsure what the culprit is but they are sending me a replacement. They are great to deal with. I'm confident the replacement will resolve the issue because I took another rifle I had apart and stole it's tt diamond and installed it on the m2013. Function testes perfect. Regardless trigger tech said if it's a question they'd take care of it.

The Badger Ordnance m2013 is not a Remingtin clone, it is an AI clone, so the Dimond TT should work. But what you have posted about trying it out in another rifle and it not working makes me think the trigger is bad as well.

TT has always been good with their customer support and glad that they helped you out and are sending a replacement.