• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggertech Diamond Malfunction

BOOSTjunkie

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2009
Normal course of fire, noticed what appeared to be failure to fire. Recocked the bolt and fired. Did this a few times between successful firings. I pulled the bolt and took it apart nothing seemed out of order. Tried to reinsert the bolt and realized the sear was now snapped in half.

Has anyone had issues similar?

I have used other triggers ie: jewel in this gun before with nothing of the sort. Action is a 591 repeater.

I really like this trigger and Im probably gonna buy another if it is not warrantied but being that it is the holidays TT is not going to be responding for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_1769.JPG
    IMG_1769.JPG
    334.6 KB · Views: 367
Reactions: Genin and BCX
Whoa! I got 5 of them. Not running it as gard as you are. No problems yet

Triggertech will be sure to help you out when they are back in the office :) I have seen some sears malfunction due to overpressure and blown primers, but never a snap like that. Looks like a stress fracture, that could have come from a blown primer or extreme material fatigue over time?

Triggers are very tricky and there is a lot of force on very small bearing surfaces, I am surprised they do not fail more often.

Josh

Reactions: Boatninja
Normal course of fire, noticed what appeared to be failure to fire. Recocked the bolt and fired. Did this a few times between successful firings. I pulled the bolt and took it apart nothing seemed out of order. Tried to reinsert the bolt and realized the sear was now snapped in half.

Has anyone had issues similar?

I have used other triggers ie: jewel in this gun before with nothing of the sort. Action is a 591 repeater.

I really like this trigger and Im probably gonna buy another if it is not warrantied but being that it is the holidays TT is not going to be responding for a while.
Never seen this but there's very few instances this can happen. Did you Pierce a primer by any chance.

I have broken a couple of TT Diamonds. A single pierced primer will do it - I was fire forming 6 Dasher with softer cup primers (win small rifle primers). Was having some light primer strikes using CCI 450s and so I switched to Win. Now I just deal with the rare light strike while fire forming.
I did have one TT break while shooting regular Dasher loads (105s with Varget going around 2900). And I bump shoulders between .001- .002 ( and check regularly). No pierced primers on that trigger ever. TT has been great to deal with, but that last one resulted in an email saying they would not replace another from me. I still use TT because I like them that much, but now I fire form only with Timney just to be safe, and switched to false shoulder and only cci450s.

I have broken a couple of TT Diamonds. A single pierced primer will do it - I was fire forming 6 Dasher with softer cup primers (win small rifle primers). Was having some light primer strikes using CCI 450s and so I switched to Win. Now I just deal with the rare light strike while fire forming.
I did have one TT break while shooting regular Dasher loads (105s with Varget going around 2900). And I bump shoulders between .001- .002 ( and check regularly). No pierced primers on that trigger ever. TT has been great to deal with, but that last one resulted in an email saying they would not replace another from me. I still use TT because I like them that much, but now I fire form only with Timney just to be safe, and switched to false shoulder and only cci450s.
Interesting that you also had a few light primer strikes on your cci 450s I've been having some with both my tl3 and origin action. Which happen to be both TT diamond triggers as well.

Could be the bolt timing, the cocking piece hitting the trigger sear.

I broke a TT diamond shooting a 223 with 90s. Had about ~800 rounds on the trigger when it just randomly locked up. Safety wouldn't engage, trigger wouldn't release.

I had to send mine back to TT in Canda; it took a couple of weeks, but they sent me a new one. I was only out the time and cost of shipping.

Like you OP I had a jewell in the gun previously, and it never had an issue (although I've gummed up jewells before and had to disassemble/clean them).

I know this is an old thread but after a google search this is all I could find. I was at the range today with a Christensen Arms BA 22” 223 I recently purchased off the PX. Previous owner said 80 rounds fired. I fired around 30 rounds today all factory ammo trying to figure out what the rifle liked. The last round went click and noticed it had a light primer strike. Ejected that one out in another round and the trigger wouldn’t move and the safety wouldn’t engage. Took out the bolt and dropped the magazine and a small spring fell out. Got it home and took out the trigger and this what I found. Just trying to figure out how this happened. I emailed trigger tech and I’m sure they will take care of it. I also have a trigger tech in my 6.5 and have used Timneys in the past but have never seen anything like this. Any ideas on what happened? Oh and I’m just a range shooter and occasional hunter.

Attachments

• 02D1EF7D-EC9F-431A-B93C-97C9BD529A0D.jpeg
    02D1EF7D-EC9F-431A-B93C-97C9BD529A0D.jpeg
    808.8 KB · Views: 120
Wow, that sucks. Ive never had issue in my rifle basix, giessele 700, or bix's. Does tt source their top sears from sig sauer?