• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech Diamond Vs. Special

Shanerbanner10

Primer Denter
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I looking to hear from those that have both triggers. Is the Diamond worth the extra money over the special. For “science” lets say both triggers are set at 1 lb. Are they the same at 1 lb (obviously I know the Diamond goes down to 4 oz.). What advantages other than reduced pull weight and a different trigger shoe does the Diamond have over the Special?

The biggest difference is pull weight, at 1LB they are very similar triggers.

Reactions: jtee
    Have this triggers been reliable? I'm torn between the Triggertech and the new Geissele trigger.

I looking to hear from those that have both triggers. Is the Diamond worth the extra money over the special. For “science” lets say both triggers are set at 1 lb. Are they the same at 1 lb (obviously I know the Diamond goes down to 4 oz.). What advantages other than reduced pull weight and a different trigger shoe does the Diamond have over the Special?

I have owned both, and bought in to the hype that the red one MUST have been better - you know the diamond and all, but in a blinded test, it feels the exact same to my boojie finger with both set to a touch over 1 lb pull. I had your same question when figuring out if I wanted to buy the diamond, and there was nothing online to help steer the decision because like you I wanted to know, 'well does the flag ship model feel crisper/ cleaner etc.?' The best I could find on all the marketing stuff/ forums is that they essentially created the diamond and reconfigured things to simply lighten to sub 1 lb whilst still being reliable, but there is not much mention on improving mechanics / ergonomics/ functionality / etc.- but would love to hear more on this if anybody has the scoop. So I still think the TT special is the best value hands down for a rem 700 SS trigger.

I cant speak for the higher end triggertech triggers but it was asked if Trigger Tech was reliable, and the answer from me is yes. Yes they are. I absolutely love my standard Trigger Tech. It hasn't been treated nicely, and still reliably does its job for a great price and feels as good as any others i have tried.

Last edited:
    Good to hear positive reviews on the triggertech. I think I'll go ahead and get one ordered.

Oh ill also have to mention that their customer service is excellent. I had a complication on my orders when i bought some last year, they replied to me emails the same day or early the next day and were happy to clear up the mess i made.

So from asking around in some other places with some well informed people this is the best answer to my questions- Mark Gordon of SAC stated “Shooters, I spoke with Mats Lipowski, the CTO of Trigger Tech and asked him the same question. He said that the internals of the Diamond are held to the absolute highest standards. Not that the Special and Primary are not slackers, but the Diamond has exacting tolerances compared to the other two models. What that does it allows the Diamond to have less overall travel required to break the trigger, cleanly and safely. Trigger Tech has some documents that look like the picture I posted, but show the trigger lever travel in Inches and how much weight is required to fire the trigger. You will notice that the Diamond is a fair amount less travel required compared to the Special, even if they are set to 1 lbs of pull weight...”

Reactions: arm017
    Shane if the special will go to 1lb on the Axiom i assume you're running now, i'd just get it. Granted i have no experience with the Diamond. A good friend of mine who shoots for K&M now has two of them. Loves them but he shoots at 7-12oz which i do not. I know they talk about travel but that's the thing about the TT. They don't have any travel to begin with speaking comparably to other triggers. It's a prominent wall with the most consistent break i've ever felt. I'm not a single stage guy but i love TT's triggers and will be first in line if they field a 2-stage. I have a standard and special. Largely due to the fact they wont go to the advertised pull weight on a TL3. Standard will only go to 2.5lbs, special only to 1.5lbs.

If you're using the Tempest still George mentioned something at last years' SHOT about a hanger specifically for the TT trigger to have it at 1lb.

If it will go to 1lb on the action your running, i'd just get a special, hell maybe two. If you need below 1lb go diamond.

Shane if the special will go to 1lb on the Axiom i assume you're running now, i'd just get it. Granted i have no experience with the Diamond. A good friend of mine who shoots for K&M now has two of them. Loves them but he shoots at 7-12oz which i do not. I know they talk about travel but that's the thing about the TT. They don't have any travel to begin with speaking comparably to other triggers. It's a prominent wall with the most consistent break i've ever felt. I'm not a single stage guy but i love TT's triggers and will be first in line if they field a 2-stage. I have a standard and special. Largely due to the fact they wont go to the advertised pull weight on a TL3. Standard will only go to 2.5lbs, special only to 1.5lbs.

If you're using the Tempest still George mentioned something at last years' SHOT about a hanger specifically for the TT trigger to have it at 1lb.

If it will go to 1lb on the action your running, i'd just get a special, hell maybe two. If you need below 1lb go diamond.

The Tempest went to GAP and GAP could find nothing wrong, which blows my mind after my issues. Is what it is.

The Axiom and soon Vector will both get flat shoe TT Diamonds. The question was more or less intended for my knowledge and to help others choose. I was actually asking to help a new shooter who will likely run a 1-1.5 lb trigger whereas I typically run a 10 oz trigger. I purchased 2 Diamonds about 3 weeks ago. Waiting patiently for them to show up even though they will likely sit and not get played with since I am working so much this year.

Reactions: 5RWill
    The Tempest went to GAP and GAP could find nothing wrong, which blows my mind after my issues. Is what it is.

The Axiom and soon Vector will both get flat shoe TT Diamonds. The question was more or less intended for my knowledge and to help others choose. I was actually asking to help a new shooter who will likely run a 1-1.5 lb trigger whereas I typically run a 10 oz trigger. I purchased 2 Diamonds about 3 weeks ago. Waiting patiently for them to show up even though they will likely sit and not get played with since I am working so much this year.

I am waiting on a flat shoe diamond as well- I had a pro curved version that I found to be a bit wide for my taste. I was able to play on a few of the flat shoes that I want to give a go again as they seemed to work nicely with a more vertically oriented grip. I had originally written off a flat shoe when using it with a more traditional AR pistol grip.

So from asking around in some other places with some well informed people this is the best answer to my questions- Mark Gordon of SAC stated “Shooters, I spoke with Mats Lipowski, the CTO of Trigger Tech and asked him the same question. He said that the internals of the Diamond are held to the absolute highest standards. Not that the Special and Primary are not slackers, but the Diamond has exacting tolerances compared to the other two models. What that does it allows the Diamond to have less overall travel required to break the trigger, cleanly and safely. Trigger Tech has some documents that look like the picture I posted, but show the trigger lever travel in Inches and how much weight is required to fire the trigger. You will notice that the Diamond is a fair amount less travel required compared to the Special, even if they are set to 1 lbs of pull weight...”

If it is truly this refined; I don't get it why that is not readily acknowledged from the company. Because from the outside without knowing a guy, it seemed that the only difference was pull weight and 'improved feel'. TT still my favorite trigger manufacturer by far. - Remember when everybody was all about jewell... lol

I've a diamond now after having had a special. Set at 1 lb, they both feel similar. If you want less than that, the diamond is where its at. At 8 oz, its absolutely perfect. I love this thinf