• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech Durability

TSpork

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm curious about TriggerTech's durability. I've heard how the Jewell's can sometimes have problems with dirt. Anyone experience problems with their TriggerTech in less than optimal conditions?

No problems with mine so far! But I haven't used it that much yet, especially not in cruddy conditions so I've yet to find out as far as the long term goes. But I has been banged around a LOT and still functions fine if that means anythin'.

No problems with mine so far! But I haven't used it that much yet, especially not in cruddy conditions so I've yet to find out as far as the long term goes. But I has been banged around a LOT and still functions fine if that means anythin'.

Any feedback is better than none. I know it's a newer trigger, so there's not much out there in it compared to the others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine hasn't failed yet. I bought one at the roll out. In fairness, I have Timney and Remington triggers that are much older and haven't ever failed yet either.

Mine has held up for a year and a half without any trouble. I never had trouble with Jewells or Timneys either, though.

Mines been fine and I had one of the initial run orders as well. It's not prone to issues anymore than any other trigger so far. At least that anyone on here has brought up.

Mines been fine and I had one of the initial run orders as well. It's not prone to issues anymore than any other trigger so far. At least that anyone on here has brought up.

That's good to know. I think I might make the leap, but wanted to know if anyone had any problems before I did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although not a major sample I have seen 2 triggers not cock on opening at matches. It is possible they had them set too light but it was the exact same problem on 2 different rifles.

Although not a major sample I have seen 2 triggers not cock on opening at matches. It is possible they had them set too light but it was the exact same problem on 2 different rifles.

Damn, that 's not what I wanted to hear. lol. Hopefully it was something like they adjusted past the adjustment range or something.

I just received my first T/T Special trigger. Got out my .223R and pulled out my (one of three) Jewell and installed the T/T. Honestly, my skirt wasn't blown up. Seems like the T/T has significantly more O/T than my Jewells. Not necessarily something I can't live with. I did back the tension screw all the way out and they do instruct you to only back the screw out as far as you can maintain the screw in the click/ratchet stop, so I re-adjusted to that setting.

I do need to get to the range and put some rounds through the rifle before I can/should say anything conclusive. My Jewell's are pretty well dialed in and I have been happy with them. Years ago, I did have a spring failure, but I think I may have nicked it with a screwdriver or needlenose while putting it back together. Jewell was very good about sending a couple of replacement springs that have remained unused to this day.

I just received my first T/T Special trigger. Got out my .223R and pulled out my (one of three) Jewell and installed the T/T. Honestly, my skirt wasn't blown up. Seems like the T/T has significantly more O/T than my Jewells. Not necessarily something I can't live with. I did back the tension screw all the way out and they do instruct you to only back the screw out as far as you can maintain the screw in the click/ratchet stop, so I re-adjusted to that setting.

I do need to get to the range and put some rounds through the rifle before I can/should say anything conclusive. My Jewell's are pretty well dialed in and I have been happy with them. Years ago, I did have a spring failure, but I think I may have nicked it with a screwdriver or needlenose while putting it back together. Jewell was very good about sending a couple of replacement springs that have remained unused to this day.

That's interesting to know. Any thoughts on it vs a CE or 510?

Oh one thing I should add, TriggerTech customer service is top notch. Very easy to communicate with, polite, friendly, and they stand behind their product.
They've been quick to answer any questions i've had, and after their black friday sale, they let me return an AR trigger I had ordered in exchange for a 700 trigger at the black friday sale price even though it was well past black friday by then.

I assume one of the triggers you're referring to was mine. The problem is that the sear doesn't catch the FP assy upon closing the bolt vigorously, requiring the shooter to re-cock the bolt more gently. TT said that this happens extremely rarely on a Rem 700 action made between about 2007 and about 2012, due to the sear catch of the FP assy having larger tolerances and more variation than usual. TT places their sear about 0.030" further back than Timney and some others, which is why you may have a problem with a TT but not with a Timney or other brand. If you have a FP assy made in that 2007-2012 range with the catch toward the forward extreme of the tolerance, the catch slams into the sear on the trigger if the bolt is worked hard and fast, causing the catch to skip over the sear. TT replaced my standard model trigger with a Special the first time I noticed this problem, and when the problem happened again with the Special trigger, they offered to custom make me a trigger with the sear engagement milled about 0.040" further forward, all free of charge. I'd say the problem is quite rare, but if you were to have an issue, TT will take care of you, IME.

My TT triggers have been flawless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume one of the triggers you're referring to was mine. The problem is that the sear doesn't catch the FP assy upon closing the bolt vigorously, requiring the shooter to re-cock the bolt more gently. TT said that this happens extremely rarely on a Rem 700 action made between about 2007 and about 2012, due to the sear catch of the FP assy having larger tolerances and more variation than usual. TT places their sear about 0.030" further back than Timney and some others, which is why you may have a problem with a TT but not with a Timney or other brand. If you have a FP assy made in that 2007-2012 range with the catch toward the forward extreme of the tolerance, the catch slams into the sear on the trigger if the bolt is worked hard and fast, causing the catch to skip over the sear. TT replaced my standard model trigger with a Special the first time I noticed this problem, and when the problem happened again with the Special trigger, they offered to custom make me a trigger with the sear engagement milled about 0.040" further forward, all free of charge. I'd say the problem is quite rare, but if you were to have an issue, TT will take care of you, IME.

glad to hear that Triggertech was so willing to work with out rather than say "oh well". did you take them up on their offer? and if so, did it clear up the issue?

I am new the forums (hello all), but I can't say enough good things about TriggerTech. I have their flat-blade "Primary" trigger in my 700 AAC-SD and I have clicked off about 400 rounds with it in the year or so that I've had it installed. I have run it in the snow, rain, mud, etc. and it's been 100% reliable with zero malfunctions. I have mine adjusted down to right around 1.75lbs and it's very crisp and consistent.

I also have a TriggerTech Competitive AR Primary trigger in one of my AR-15's and it, too, has been a joy to own and run for the last few thousand rounds. As has been mentioned previously in this thread, TT's service is top-notch and they are a great organization to deal with.

I'm running a TT trigger in my match rifle this year and although I've only put 500 or so rounds through it so far (had it out to it's 1st match of the year at Tactical Supply this past weekend) it has been flawless. It should have another 200+ rounds under it's belt after SH Cup this weekend, haha.