• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggertech install on bergara premier

Kms33kms

P=
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2020
Tennessee
I’m having trouble removing this current triggertech primary trigger that is installed on my bergara premier. Trying to put a diamond on it. I have removed the front trigger pin , then I flip the saftey lever back to have access to the rear pin , but it won’t seem to move. I’m afraid to tap it too hard, anybody know any tricks that I don’t?

How different do the two triggers feel? Was it worth the upgrade in your opinion?

I found the stock trigger good enough to not really want to upgrade unless you say it was a huge difference.

I replaced the trigger on my Bergara Premier as well and had the same issue. The pins were very difficult to move and had to hit it much harder than I thought. Was also wondering if I was doing something wrong but was able to finally get them to move and replace the trigger.

I ended up replacing with a Bix n Andy two stage which I found much better and I prefer a two stage trigger.

Reactions: Kms33kms
How different do the two triggers feel? Was it worth the upgrade in your opinion?

I found the stock trigger good enough to not really want to upgrade unless you say it was a huge difference.
I’m no expert, but as far as like creep and over travel they’re identical. It’s just down to the pull weight , it is kind of nice having it as light as 4 ounces , night and day difference to me.

Reactions: mfox497
I replaced the trigger on my Bergara Premier as well and had the same issue. The pins were very difficult to move and had to hit it much harder than I thought. Was also wondering if I was doing something wrong but was able to finally get them to move and replace the trigger.

I ended up replacing with a Bix n Andy two stage which I found much better and I prefer a two stage trigger.
Yea it was quite scary when I was doing mine. I checked google and YouTube a hundred times and when I realized I should be doing everything correctly , I just started pounding away and they finally come out. Didn’t scratch any Cerakote either thank god

I’m having trouble removing this current triggertech primary trigger that is installed on my bergara premier. Trying to put a diamond on it. I have removed the front trigger pin , then I flip the saftey lever back to have access to the rear pin , but it won’t seem to move. I’m afraid to tap it too hard, anybody know any tricks that I don’t?
Engineers' By GOD! which model trigger did you buy? Is the bergara premier action a 700 clone?

I’m no expert, but as far as like creep and over travel they’re identical. It’s just down to the pull weight , it is kind of nice having it as light as 4 ounces , night and day difference to me.
Unless you're doing benchrest ONLY, that trigger is rather light in terms of safety for a field/comp rifle. Would strongly recommend you bump test it (EMPTY-NOT LOADED) every once in a while.

That said, I'm sure glad to know a Bergara factory trigger feels the same as a TT Diamond other than pull weight. Maybe I should get a Bergara as I've never owned one... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DW2023
That said, I'm sure glad to know a Bergara factory trigger feels the same as a TT Diamond other than pull weight. Maybe I should get a Bergara as I've never owned one...
It’s not a Bergara factory trigger, he’s talking about the Premier which already has a TriggerTech Primary as standard.

Reactions: pineoak