• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggertech or Timney

Cfshooter

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2019
FL
Looking for a new trigger for Remington 700. Has anyone used both the Triggertech Primary and the Timney 2 stage? If so, which did you like better? I understand the Triggertech is not a 2 stage, but more interested in which felt better. I will most likely be setting it to about 2.5 pounds if that matters.

What will feel better to you personally depends on if you want a single stage or two stage trigger.

Figure that out first then buy the Triggertech, because they're coming out with a 2 stage soon and their triggers are head and shoulders above the Timney's in terms of feel (having tried a single stage Calvin Elite next to a Diamond, this was my observation).

I prefer 2 stage, but am fine with single stage also, comes down to how clean the break is. I like your input about the CE and Diamond comparison, any idea of when the new 2 stage TT may be available?

I had a 2 stage CE, bought a single stage triggertech special, and while I like the CE I definitely prefer the triggertech. Super crisp, doesnt have the mush the 2nd stage of the CE had, I highly recommend it

Reactions: Cfshooter
Unfortunately I am on a budget around $200 for this purchase, hence the narrowing it down to the TT Primary and the Timney.

So far I have yet to feel a trigger that breaks as clean as a Triggertech, except perhaps the Bix n Andy. If you wanted a 2-stage trigger with a similarly crisp feel and need/want it now that (Bix n Andy TacSport Pro) would be my recommendation.

Single stage - Trigger Tech Special or Diamond
2 stage- Giessele Super R700

For a two-stage I did not like the Timney CE. Not only did I have trouble with the bolt tripping it but it was never a good two-stage feel.
I have other CE model triggers and so does my shooting buddy. Thy haven't been as robust and reliable as I would hope. I thought, at one point, they would become my favorites but now not so much. Triggertech is quickly becoming my number one go-to.

I think after a little reading, I may just have to wait for the TT 2 stage to be available. It sounds like the real deal.

Reactions: Ledzep
Between those two TT.

However I went from a TT to a BnA Tacsport 2 stage and that has been one of the best decisions of my shooting career. I find there is much better trigger control with a 2 stage trigger.

I have 2 stage triggers in my AR’s and really have become a big fan. I like that “pre set” feeling.

Haven't put more than 15 rounds down this new tube with the new TT diamond installed ( 6br )
Have to wait longer for a better comparison. Have a couple of thousand with the C.E.
The TT was really easy to install, couldn't have gone any better and the adjustment
was great. Really like the "click" adjustment
breaks at about 9oz. Pretty happy so far.