• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Triggertech question, bolt gun ar comparison.

Simonsza1

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
I have a half dozen diamonds and some specials all in bolt guns. Looking at possibly purchasing one for a precision ar setup. I have jp in all my ar including the one I’m thinking of switching and love the jp trigger. My question is for guys who have used both is the ar trigger the exact same feel as the bolt gun triggers? Thanks for the help.

I have a JP CTR-02 that I had ordered with their roller trigger. I found it to be good but I preferred the feel and function of the TT Diamonds in my bolt action rifles, so I replaced the JP trigger with a new Diamond. I loved how the Diamond transformed the JP! It did feel smooth and precise like the Diamonds in my bolt guns and I was a happy camper. I didn't note any discernable differences; otherwise, I would have instantly thought "well, that was a waste of time, money and effort". I'm glad I swapped out the trigger on the CTR-02. It was worth it.

Reactions: Simonsza1
I have a half dozen diamonds and some specials all in bolt guns. Looking at possibly purchasing one for a precision ar setup. I have jp in all my ar including the one I’m thinking of switching and love the jp trigger. My question is for guys who have used both is the ar trigger the exact same feel as the bolt gun triggers? Thanks for the help.
I have a couple Dimaond SS and Adaptable SS triggers in several of my AR's, and have TT Primary SS triggers in all my 700 (and clone) bolt guns. It's not the exact same feel, due to entirely different weapon designs, but it will be the best feeling AR trigger you can buy. I installed mine, loosened it all the way, then turned it back 10 clicks, and it was perfect for an AR. It's between 2-2.5 lbs. You can run it lighter, but on an AR you really don't want less than about 2.5 lbs. even on a DMR. Too light, and you'll start getting accidental double-taps.