• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing TriggerTech Special, Loose in Bergara HMR?

Luva_n_FrenZ

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2019
Just received my TriggerTech Special w/ Pro Curve for my Bergara B14 HMR. When I installed it using the factory pins I notice the TriggerTech housing having a slight side-to-side play within the action. I tried eliminating the play by using a tiny piece of aluminum foil tape but the tolerance is too tight and won't allow insertion of the trigger housing. The factory trigger pins appear to be slightly tapered and are one directional. I used a punch and hammer to ensure they were in, but didn't solve the play.

Anybody ever experience this? I am thinking of buying some new pins to see if it can eliminate the play.

Saw these on eBay, any input?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Remington-700-Rifle-Trigger-pins-Stainless-Steel-Side-Bolt-Release-New/223988080154?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

If it's moving side to side it's unlikely that pins will stop that. If it's enough that you can feel it when you're shooting you'll need to shim it. My triggertechs have a fair amount of slop in the trigger itself so I don't know if you'll be able to tell much of a difference. Look around and see if you have any packaging with one of those little magnetic anti theft strips on it. Crack that open and it will have steel strips that are .0015 thick which you can maybe use as a shim.

Reactions: Luva_n_FrenZ
If it's moving side to side it's unlikely that pins will stop that. If it's enough that you can feel it when you're shooting you'll need to shim it. My triggertechs have a fair amount of slop in the trigger itself so I don't know if you'll be able to tell much of a difference. Look around and see if you have any packaging with one of those little magnetic anti theft strips on it. Crack that open and it will have steel strips that are .0015 thick which you can maybe use as a shim.
Your Trigger Techs have slop in them.....can you please explain further??

I just installed a TT Diamond in a new Vudoo V-22 and noticed the slightest bit of side to side movement of the trigger housing in the action, but is not apparent when dry firing. This same trigger was previously installed in a Deviant action and it was tighter fitting with no movement. Just running into tolerance differences across actions.

Your Trigger Techs have slop in them.....can you please explain further??

My TT Special has about .02" side to side movement when cocked. Housing is tight in the receiver but the trigger, trigger pin, to trigger housing fit allows for a little side to side movement. Not take-up if that's what you thought i was referring to. It's a nonissue to me personally.