• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

And we are done!!! TriggerTech Trigger Charity Auction for the USMC Scout Sniper Assn.

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
So for those following the build I started in the Structured Barrels thread in Gunsmithing, you'll know that I ordered a trigger from TriggerTech in Canada. I'd asked Mile High and Fritz Ahlquist about their trigger recommendations for a 700 Remington Long Action and both said TriggerTech.

Order was placed in late December and by late Feb, it had not showed up. Customs clearance took forever. Then it 'sat' at the same US post office for weeks until we had decided that Cliff Clavin stole it.

TriggerTech has been awesome in communications and in rectifying this. No e-mail took more than a couple of hours to get answered. Their customer service guy is named Mark. And he epitomizes customer service. About 10 days ago, we agreed that Cliff Clavin of the USPS had stolen the trigger and they sent another trigger via UPS. It showed up in days. When it arrived, I told them that if the 'first' trigger shows up, I'll pay them and put it on another rifle or return it and they said, in essence, keep it or "...send it to another deserving shooter." Wow. Talk about customer service.

Well, today, the original trigger showed up. Thanks USPS. So I e-mailed TriggerTech and they said to keep it. But I'd rather use it to do some good... and so I am going to put it up for 'auction' here on SH to benefit the USMC Scout Sniper Association.

So PM me with your bids. And the high bidder can send a (tax deductible) check to the USMCSSA and I will ship the trigger to you. Shipping is on me.

Here is the details on the Model 700 Trigger.

1614895899538.png

Retail is, I think, a bit North of $200. I can't remember exactly. But whatever you guys want to bid is good with me. High bidder gets it! And the USMC Scout Sniper Assn. gets the donation... you send the check right to USMCSSA (and get the tax deduction) and I'll ship trigger. Auction closes Monday Night at 20:00 Hours Eastern. Put your bids in!

Thanks to Lowlight for letting me do this. Thanks to TriggerTech for being an awesome company! And one I'll support going forward.

PM me your bids. I'll post the amounts as high bids come in, but no names. Winning bidder has the option of being 'named.'

Let's do some good for USMCSSA, one of LL's (and my) favorite charities. Turn USPS's screw-up into something that will benefit Scout Snipers!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Last edited:
For anyone who wants information on the organization we are supporting:

A few years ago we raised something like $4k for them with the "I survived Scout" patches. They are a great group!

Cheers,

Sirhr

And I will add a copy of this, signed by the author, for the winner:

Remember, it's all tax-deductible! Winner pays the USMC Scout Sniper Assn Direct. And they are 501c3 supporting the Scout Sniper community.

Cheers,

Sirhr