• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon 1-8 impressions?

Dantrom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2009
northwest ohio
Anyone try one of the new trijicon accupower 1-8's yet that could give some evaluation to other 1-8 power scopes on the market?

I have a green one that has a MIL reticle. The glass is really clear as most Trijicon's are. I really like the no tool zero turrets too as that is a pretty cool upgrade to the optic market. I find that the reticle is visually easily to pick up in daytime usage. The only thing I would love to have is a BDC reticle like what is on the VCOG. I understand having a MIL or MOA is easier for the company as they only have to sell two reticles versus three or four. I picked mine up for $1200 so it was a good deal. All and all a good optic for the 5.56, 6.8mm or 308 AR.

[IMG_1140_zpsqglfdk9z.jpg.html]
IMG_1140_zpsqglfdk9z.jpg

I have 3 and they are excellent! This optic will be hard to beat at any price. I attached a pic of one sitting on a Knights ECC.

31757966724_519777cf6e_b.jpg

Where did you pick one of these up for $1200.00?

Can't speak for JSATRSZ, but DSG had the green-illuminated mil reticle Trij 1-8 on sale last week for $1,156.00. I was tempted at that price, but I learned, from an experience with a Bushy Elite Tac 3-12x, that I really strongly prefer red illumination. I'm guessing if you call around you'd be able to buy at or near that price.

Last edited:
I have been looking for one with red illumination and the mil reticle at a good price. So far I have only been able to find them around $1400.

I got my red one for 1275, love it. Day light bright, good glass

Red is daylight bright. I have heard the green not so much. Is the red variant Aimpoint bright? No, but at max brightness it is as bright as my H1 on setting 10. I have no problem seeing the illumination at max setting in the high noon desert sun.

Red is daylight bright. I have heard the green not so much. Is the red variant Aimpoint bright? No, but at max brightness it is as bright as my H1 on setting 10. I have no problem seeing the illumination at max setting in the high noon desert sun.

I have a green one; the brightness is not Aimpoint bright but it was not expected to be, but it is more than usable during daylight sunny days. This is my first green reticle and wanted to see how my eyes would pick it up since I am more than used to a Red dot. I truly don't notice and eye difference in picking up the color. I also have some green lasers and I too notice that I can pick it up quickly.

I am having trouble figuring out which rifle to put it on. I have it on a 5.56 LWRC at the moment but it would be also great on my 6.8mm hunting AR too. Oh the 1st world issues and choices.

Reactions: msstate56
Has anyone checked the tracking on these? How do the turrets feel? I am looking at getting one for an 18", 5.56 that I am putting together as a mid range DMR set up.

I just purchased on for my son for 3 gun. I have a Kahles 1-6 but was curious how it compared. My only complaint is that is does not seem to be a true 1x scope. Just very slight magnification. Glass is good, FOV good, green reticle is quick to pick up. Wasn't sure if I would steal it from him and give him the Kahles but I will stick with what I have. Great scope for $1200 however as the Kahles is around $2000. Got mine on Optics planet with a coupon.

Accupower 1-8

Well I picked one up to play with and here are my impressions. The glass is nice I would say on par with the vortex RII 1-6. The glass compared to my NXS the NF is much better, in my opinion looking through the glass on 5x I find it to have a yellow hue to it especially looking at white objects, the NF does not have this. The objective lens is clear edge to edge through the power range.

The reticle I chose was green mil segmented. So being FFP is interesting. My circle looks to have what I would call paint runs or best way to describe it. This is only 2 o'clock and 7 o'clock edges not the entire circle. I do like the reticle and the substansions are a little thicker but I think for this scopes role it makes sense. Today was a bright sunny TX day and yes the reticile is daylight bright but not AIMPOINT bright.

Turrrets are a disappointment?? They are mushy and do not have a tactical positive feel or click. When you pull up the cap to adjust the elevation / wind age the cap wiggles and feels cheap ?? I'm talking import cheap. Now to be fair I read and watched a video or two and saw the cap wiggle and I expected it. I think most shooters will use holds and not adjust in most cases. I did not play with zero stop but did remove the cap to expose the system.

Size wise well as Buffalo Bill once said " Wait wait wait, was she a big fat scope" this is on par with most of the 34mm 1-6 / 1-8 scopes.

I am waiting on a Larue LT-104 34mm mount (yeah I know ADM Recon BLAH BLAH BLAH) ???????? I plan on running on my 14.5 Block 2. I'll take it to the range Saturday.

IMG-0454-181108.JPG

IMG-0445-181109.JPG

Just got it last night. Green MIL. It was snowy here, but cloudy. Against that snow it was still visible. I'll try tomorrow when the snow is fully lit. Hard to get brighter than that. Ground is so clay/sandy here with little green veg, plus I wasn't seeing a red MIL in stock at a price I wanted to pay.

It's nice, but not too nice? I have a TMR CQBSS to compare to and I need to zero both, so I'll give a more detailed comparo. It is solid, put it isn't Premier or CQBSS solid. CLicks are nice. The push-pull caps are odd in that they 'breathe' as you push and pull them. We'll see if they suck in debris and dust and moisture. I don't know where the 'seal' is. The windage would not move. Took the knob off and on a few times, but it wouldn't pop out to dial windage. Took it out of the mount and kept playing with it and compared to the elevation. I couldn't see anything. Maybe the brass screw in there looked like someone had left a shaving there during manufacturing. Finally gave it one last tug and it pulled free to adjust. Don't know what that was about. Most people say I have a touch like a gorilla, so I think it as just reluctant to move. Moves fine now. Same suck-blow sound to adjust. I've never had turrets like that before.

Glass seems clear. Seems well built, but not bullet-proof like higher end scopes. Kind of plain. I'd have preferred a BDC, but with scopes like this for what I want, it is more, fire and correct than first round hits on small targets at far distances so the MIL is OK. I was cross shopping used Mark 6 1-6 scopes but missed out on ones at this $1200ish price point. This is for my son's carbine match/3-gun rifle, and he likes it so far.

Any other range reports? Considering selling my Razor G2 1-6 for this on my Scar 17, but I WILL be using the turrets and shooting to 800+. The Vortex has been fantastic, just want a little more magnification, and price wise it looks like I can walk away without coming out of pocket much.

recently purchased a green reticle Trijicon 1-8 the glass is great for the price point however having issues with the reticle illumination. The reticle bleeds illumination unevenly across the reticle. There are also random green dots in the lower right quarter of the reticle. I sent unit back to Trijicon they returned the unit with a note that no repairs were made. My local shop couldn't get any answers so I reached out directly and was given lip service that I would be contacted however that was over a week ago. Since calling in for an explanation I've looked at another Trijicon 1-8 with a red reticle same illumination bleed uneven and pretty distracting in low light situations. If I don't hear something this week I'll be trading this unit out for a Kahles 1-6. If you don't plan on using this optic in low light conditions the glass is worth the price however customer service and manufacturing standards are wanting. I had hoped to use this with a pvs-24 however with the reticle bleed and inconsistent illumination I'm probably going different direction.

My red is daylight bright on very bright days, reticle is a little thick tho

Just tried mine out this weekend and I like it a lot. Great clarity and tool less zero. My only gripe is the reticle is a bit thick at max magnification but so is the minox and sworo but for $1,200. I’m sold on it