• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20x50 Experience?

DesertDenizen

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2010
AZ
Hello all,

My search ability may be off and if so please forgive me. I am trying to find out if anyone has used or had a chance to check out the Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20x50 tactical scope. What are your thoughts as to quality of manufacture, sight picture, glass, etc? Without a battery, how visible is the dot in low light? The people on OpticsPlanet rave about it but I'd like to get more opinions. Thanks a lot--

DD

Re: Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20x50 Experience?

I used one a friend had while trying to make up my mind to buy or not to buy. I decided against it purely because of the amount of elevation you had to work with. Glass and build was nice, not the greatest, but nice.

I owned one and worked it pretty hard, thoughts below:

1. The reticle is thick, not unusably so, but not great for precisie work.
2. I had the mil dot version, which I liked. The dot could be visible or not, depending on open/close of the fiber optic window. In low light, the dot was visible and provided a small aiming point.
3. Elevation was very limited. I put it on a 600 yard gun.
4. Glass is pretty good, turrets are not bad, don't feel cheap, don't feel really tough. Clicks were audible and tactile.
5. Eye box above 15X was very tight. I shot it much better at 10X than at 20X.

I got rid of mine because A. reticle was too thick for my liking, and B. I hate 20X scopes for anything but dedicated 1000+ yard guns.

Let me know what it is going on and what you will be shooting at and I can give it a thumbs up or thumbs down for your purposes. Overall, it ain't bad, but be aware of its limitations.

Rancid,

Thanks a lot for the observations, sounds like you really evaluated it well. I'll take what you have found into consideration as I plan on making my rifle a 600 yarder too.

BCP,

That's a nice looking Weaver. Just so I don't have to fumble with the search function, what are your thoughts of that puppy? An IOR Valdada would be great to get but, ching ching.

DD

I have one on a 300 Rum and with a 20moa rail its fine . The limited adjustment is a non issue in a flat shooting caliber. I love mine.

RE:Weaver

Never used one but lots of others here have and they seem to get good reviews.. I think if you are looking for a mid-range scope it is the best overall option. Made in Japan, good reticule, good magnification range, FFP and illuminated.

The Trijicon Accupoints are really nice scopes, but some users are expecting a huge glowing reticle - and it is not! It's a small dot at the intersection off the crosshairs that is visible, but sometimes a bit difficult to see.

George P.