• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20x50

Linkpimp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2010
So-Cal / OC Area
Hey team,
I just thought I would ask and see if any one knows anything about this scope??

I couldn’t find any reviews on it all… but hey It’s a trijicon, it’s got good magnification, glass should be clear, it comes in mil-dot radicals & crosshair. I’m thinking it should be fine up to 600-800 yards right? I’m kind of just looking around for a good learner scope that will last me about a year, something that can teach what I do and don't want out of a scope, then I can always upgrade next year to and S&B or something?

http://www.opticsplanet.net/trijicon-accupoint-5-20x50-riflescope.html

Any thoughts on it??

Thanks for your time team..

Link..

Re: Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20x50

I have a 3x9 Trijicon and the glass is phenomenal. I have a 5x20 on order also. I have compared the 5x20 to a Swarovski {I own a Z6 & S&B} and my Trijicon is right there with them.

For $1000-$1200 its a super duper price. Nothing matches it in that price range IMO.

I picked one up to play with it for the first time this past weekend. Seems like a well made scope, glass was clear and for the the turrets seemed to be fine. only thing I wasn't keen on was the Illumination dot wasn't actually perfectly centered on the crosshairs?!?! That was my only gripe but it's kinda big in my book.

matt

I like this scope. it's got good glass, and performs well in the field. my only beef with trijicon is it's a pain to get there products sometimes.

i'd love to see some outside reticle pics of this scope. Do any of you guys have any?

I have three of them - if that tells you anything. If you look arond, you cand find them for ~$875 shipped.

We have quite a few of these. I think to say the glass is on par with Swarovski is a reach, as Swav is among the best optics in the world. But the Accupoint does have great optics.

These are great hunting scopes. I do not view the 5-20x as a real long range optic. The reticle travel is very limited, and the reticle choices are either inappropriate for long range work (triangle/picket post) or aren't done well enough (mildot and crosshair). The mildot and crosshair are wire reticles and rather poorly finished. They will reflect a brass or gold color when you get light reflected off your face, as these are not blacked out as they should be (e.g., Vortex or Sightron)and you can even see the little fiber optic strand that carries the light energy to the crosshair, from the 9 o'clock bar. Also, they are a bit on the thick side.

Overall, I like the 1-4x and 3-9x. If they ever put a ACOG-type BDC reticle in the Accupoint, then look out.

Scott

I had a chance to buy one this weekend for $700.00 with Trijicon rings...all was new in the box. I passed after looking at it. Not too happy with its low light performance. Even down on lower power it was still hard to see much at the end of the day. The mil-dots seem huge, it's not a MIL/MIL scope and it's not FFP. Only thing I kinda liked about it was that it had rather heavy positive clicks on the turrets. Price was right but it just wasn't for me...maybe if I didn't already have a Premier Reticle Heritage a S+B and a USMC Unertl 10x...

WOW... you guys are GREAT.. Thank you all so much for your time and input.. I really appreciate it team..

I’m kind of out of big money for a big name scope until next year so I’m just weighing my options.. on paper it looks pretty promising and I thought I would ask the team.

Thanks again team..

bushnell elite 4200, the glass is as good and the features are better.

i am considering one. i havent had a chance to look through there mil dot one, and really want to. I picked up a acog ta33-9 and i love the glass looks great.

I looked through a 1x4x24 the other day and OMG that was the clearest glass I have seen in forever. Green Triangle post. It was awesome! On the Very short list for my AR10. But first a NightForce 2.5x10x32 w/NP-R2.

Does anybody have through the scope pictures of the 3-9x or 2.5-10x Accupoints with the mil-dot or standard crosshair reticle? I have only seen them with the triangle post before.